• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition - Adaptive Noise Reduction - Odd Sound

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm narrating audiobooks, and I've recently tried using Adaptive Noise Reduction. It work really well, except it leaves behind weird sounds that almost sound like mouth clicks, but weren't there before I applied the effect. I've tried adjusting settings but it hasn't fixed it. Help!

Photos are before applying the effect, after applying the effect, and my current settings. Thanks! 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.46.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.46.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.47.35 PM.png

TOPICS
FAQ , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, it's not a high quality tool, and you aren't using it for what it was intended for, which was a basic tidy up of location sound where the background noise varied considerably - that's why it's called  'adaptive'. 

If you are doing anything narrative, the chances are that the background noise is continuous, and you can reduce that considerably by using the process-based NR which uses a sample of your noise. This invariably produces better results, especially if done a bit at a time (multiple passes at different FFT settings).

Better yet is to try to reduce the background noise at source, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abigail,

Please post a bit of the audio, say 5 seconds of each, before and after and I'll take a listen.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines