• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition and Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Audition is the primary program I use. Has anyone here had any issues using Audition on Windows 11? Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There haven't been reports that directly correlate Windows 11 issues with Audition, but there have been a lot of other reports about all sorts of issues with it as an OS - including things like slowing some SSDs down so they only run at half speed, and I've seen that one happen for myself. Suffice it to say that I'm not upgrading to Windows 11 until I'm absolutely forced to - it's not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned. This is in the same way that I regard parachute jumping as jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft for no good reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own question here, in case anyone had the same question I had. I updated my Dell Inspiron Desktop to Windows 11 two weeks ago, and so far have had zero probelms or compatability issues with Audition. Very stable experience. I was worried beforehand, but so far it's been smooth sailing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will not work for me.  I have Audition 6 and just got a Dell XPS with Windows 11.  Now...I am trying to figure out Audacity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audacity is very limited by comparison to Audition. Maybe take a look at Ardour:

https://ardour.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you - I will.
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines