• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CC 2018 Crashes way too much

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but the new Audition CC 2018 crashes WAY too much. Normally I back up redundantly throughout a session. But this time I was in too much of a hurry and when it crashed my session I lost about 10 steps of a promo I was working on. It seems especially vulnerable to crashes when I am moving quickly. Almost like it can't keep up. I have to be super careful that I stop playback before clicking on "apply" or it'll crash on me - something I never had to worry about with the previous version. If you have a fix in the plans, sooner would be better than later, please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Some information mentioned here would help: Audition Crashed.  Now what?

Are you using 2018 (11.0.0.x) or the recent patch (11.0.1.x)? The patch should crash less often than the previous, but there's a known issue with certain third-party VST3 plug-ins crashing in that patch (Audition update 11.0.1.49 problems). We're working on that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT Department finally got the go ahead to do an Audition update. The build on the test machine they gave me is 11.1.1.3. If you could confirm that this is the latest update, it would be appreciated.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using build 11.1.1.3.

Christian Navarro

Please visit Reactory Factory TV<http://reactoryfactory.tv> for Kids

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, build 11.1.1.3 of Audition CC 2018 is the very latest public release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on why Audition crashes so often? I can easily create more crash reports just by using it.

Christian Navarro

Please visit Reactory Factory TV<http://reactoryfactory.tv> for Kids

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that Audition will especially crash if it does a preview and there is a vst3 plugin enabled. Crashes everytime. Part of the reason I liked Audition was the metering and display, now I can't use that feature or it will crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send the crash report and logs as Charles requested in post #24 above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did.

It seems vst3 may be more likely causing crash. I don’t have vst2 duplicates of everything so it will take me some

Time to install alternate versions. I mostly have vst3 installed.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and as an administrator seems to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Windows 7 but I can try that. I've found a huge difference with using VST2 plugins vs VST3, from the same developer even.

Audition is much, much more reliable with VST2. Not perfect, still had a crash or two, but I'm trying new vst2 plugins that may not be super compatible.  I've been looking for an alternative to Audition for stereo wave editing/mastering but this might work if I just use vst2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed that AU CC 2018 crashes frequently when I'm dealing with large files. I narrate audio books and once a file gets to be longer than 15 minutes or so, I also have to be very careful (and patient) when navigating AU because if I go to fast (and sometimes just at random), down it goes. Thankfully, it recovers nicely, but it is irritating and a waste of time. I have all the latest updates installed, but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things that's been noticeable lately is that even if Audition's up to date and your OS is up to date, the process of doing this has rendered other drivers rather less so - and that can have a significant effect on performance. Mainly this is M$'s fault - they never warn you about the significance of some of their 'maintenance upgrades'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question then becomes what can be done about the problem? Do I need to

make sure "other drivers" are up to date? Should I log an issue with

Microsoft? Is Adobe working on the problem?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:06 PM, SteveG(AudioMasters) <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend sending us the crash logs as outlined here: Audition Crashed. Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine will crash on 30 second files. I have better reliability if I turn off the waveform preview. Sometimes just turning that on crashes it right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be something to do with graphics card drivers and having to redraw the Preview display which gets updated as soon as you do any changes to the audio. Have you done what Charles asks in the post above yours to get the crash data to the developers to investigate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have provided full crash reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrisNunchuck  wrote

Mine will crash on 30 second files. I have better reliability if I turn off the waveform preview. Sometimes just turning that on crashes it right away.

Do you have both temp locations set up correctly? Anything involving previews makes more use of temp files than just a simple undo does...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines