• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition crashing when deleting/shorten silences?

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone experience Adobe Audition crashing when using the diagnostics tool for deleting/shortening silences? I am able to use it to find levels and scan the audio track but as soon as I click 'shorten/delete' all - it crashes and goes non-responsive. I have tried doing it one by one but even then it doesn't work - any suggestions?

I have tried it in audiowave and multitrack and it makes no difference. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a crash or a non-responsive hang? They are not the same thing at all. Is this happening on a PC or a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run off a Macbook Pro 2017 and the file size is 55MB and about 50 mins long. 

When I run the shorten silence function Audition crashes in so much that the rainbow circle appears and I have no option but to go to Force Quit where it identifies Audition as 'Not Responding' ...

Is that a crash or a hang?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a hang - it's just waiting for something, rather than it's failed for whatever reason. A crash will either make Audition just disappear, or put up a message saying that it's going to close and you won't have any choice about it. There is supposedly a 'hang' investigation going on at present - not sure at all what may or may not be behind that yet. If you look in the Help menu, you'll find a route to the log files, and it might be worth cutting and pasting a recent one from a session where this has happend, just to see if there's anything obvious, but generally hangs don't reveal a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines