• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition failing to Initialize (PluginSupport)

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition isn't working for me today, I've tried reinstalling, updating my audio drivers, and running as admin.

This is as far as the log file gets:

Log file created: 1/12/2018 9:55:11 AM

----------------------------------------

Ticks = 16      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Application: Audition

Ticks = 16      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Version: 11.0.0

Ticks = 16      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Build: 199

Ticks = 31      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> AuUI initialization sequence started...

Ticks = 31      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Initializing Crash Recovery

Ticks = 31      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Initializing dvaaudiodsp

Ticks = 31      <3700> <AuLog.Startup> <5> Initializing AuMediaCoreSupport

Ticks = 31      <3700> <MediaCoreInitializer> <5> Initializing PRM

Ticks = 47      <3700> <ASLFoundationInitializer> <5> Initializing ASLFoundation

Ticks = 47      <6848> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 126

Ticks = 47      <3700> <RegistrationServerInitializer> <5> Initializing RegistrationServer

Ticks = 62      <3700> <BackendInitializer> <5> Initializing Backend

Ticks = 141      <3700> <DynamicLink> <5> Attempting to launch dynamiclinkmanager

Ticks = 141      <3700> <DynamicLink> <5> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CC 2018\32\dynamiclinkmanager.exe

Ticks = 172      <3700> <DynamicLink> <5> Increase wait time to 2

Ticks = 1406      <3700> <MediaLayerInitializer> <5> Initializing SweetPeaSupport

Ticks = 1453      <3700> <MediaLayerInitializer> <5> Initializing ExporterHost

Ticks = 1453      <3700> <MediaLayerInitializer> <5> Initializing ImporterHost

Ticks = 1453      <3700> <MediaLayerInitializer> <5> Initializing VideoRenderer

Ticks = 1453      <3700> <MediaLayerInitializer> <5> Initializing PluginSupport

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably counts as a crash so follow the FAQ Audition Crashed.  Now what? This will get any bug info to the developers the quickest.

So what happens at that stage in Audition's initialisation? Do you get an error message? Does Audition terminate on it's own or do you have to tell Windows to shut it down? Try starting Audition with the Shift key held down as this sets all Audition's preferences back to default. However you may lose any custom settings that you have set up but reinstalling probably would do that as well.

Have you added any third party VST plugins recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, I'll follow the bug report protocol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That package is for what we would call "MediaCore" plug-ins, which is part of the Premiere Pro Engine. Audition uses some Importer plug-ins which are shared by Premiere Pro (e.g. ImporterMXF to read MXF files), but this can technically also scan for other comparable third-party plug-ins which users may install. This isn't what is used for audio plug-ins like VSTs.

Do you have other Adobe applications which run like Premiere Pro or Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use them, but they're not usually active while I experience this problem.  

I'm actually beginning to suspect my anti-virus software of interfering with the launch... if I shut it down, AU launches without any problem. Unfortunately, it's a security agent without local access to write my own "allow/deny" rules. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines