• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition has encountered an error reading or writing to disk. We recomend you save and restart Audition

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am producing a podcast, and after 1 month of using Audition CC multitrack without any problems, I am now experiencing major problems.

The problem starts when Audition freeze for a very long time, and I can not do anything with in the program. Then I get the message "Audition has encountered a error reading or writing to disk. We recomend you save and restart Audition". Even this message is freezed and I can not click on or save anything. Then I have to force the program to close. Every time I try to make changes in the program it freezes and the exact same problem occurs with the same message.

I am working on an ekstern harddisc with a lot of space, so that is not the problem either.

I am now in a situation, where I nor can export anymore or save the file elsewhere than where it was stored on the harddisc.

I managed to export the first 8 minutes and 8-18 minutes out of the 35 minutes (But i'm not even finished editing this) by selecting the two small bits and exporting them instead of exporting the hole thing. It is not possible to export the last half. I get stuck in for example, 4% and it never goes on from there.

So right now I'm stuck and can not edit (for more than a few minutes at a time before it's freezing and I'm stuck again) and I also can not get a file out of what I've edited after all.

Please help as soon as possible!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of possibilities - not the least of them being a temp file problem. But, the thing is that we can't diagnose anything with just a description. What you need to do is follow the instructions in this FAQ: Audition Crashed. Now what? and send the results to audbugs@adobe.com where they will be looked at, and they'll contact you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.png

Hi, i am having this issue for last couple of days, My pc is really fast and my graphics card is RTX 3060. I am really fed up of this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anjal,

Very sorry about this issue. Can we get more info on your computer system, OS, media type, etc.? That would be helpful in actually diagnosing this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same, identical issue. I'm working on an iMac 27" (i9 8-core) with Catalina 10.15.2, 72GB RAM, internal 2TB SSD and external USB 1TB SSD. Audition is version 13.0.2.35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is interesting: the problem has just appeared also on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Late 2013, 2.3GHz Intel Core i7) with macOS Mojave 10.14.6, and the problem arose after the local copy of Audition has been updated to version 13 (precisely v. 13.0.1) — the problem never showed with previous versions in all these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, in my case I sorted out this problem by uninstalling Audition and re-installing it (from the Creative Cloud application), refusing to keep the old preferences when asked. For my iMac 27" i9 with Catalina, that was the final solution, but for the MacBook Pro 15" i7 with Mojave, the problem persisted and, to get rid of it, I had to unistall Audition again, to track down and delete any preference, cache and other files remotely related to the application, finally installing Audition again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me this morning, using the Audition 13.0.1.35, on a 2015 Macbook Air. I did notice that the new session I just began today (2-29-20) was showing as being created on 12-6-19. That's got to be related, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to your computer, perhaps - but not necessarily Audition. It doesn't provide date information, but if, for whatever reason, your computer calendar doesn't agree with the current internet time, then all sorts of strange things will occur. So I'd check that out first, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have just encountered this problem on a Windows machine, in Feb 2021. ERROR: "Audition has encountered an error reading or writing to disk. We recommend you save your work and restart Audition".
I hope that this bug can be resolved soon. Total time spent troubleshooting now is around 100 minutes, and the issue is not yet resolved for me.
Audition freezes around 10 minutes and 26 seconds during recording on a new layer during a multi-track session. The multi-track sessions that I have used, all have another layer that is 30-60 minutes (drum track). I am trying to overlay the drums with live music, recording that music onto another track with a normal stereo input. I have never encountered this problem before with this system, and have been recording with it with 30-60 minute multi-track overlays for around 8 months.
I have plenty of RAM, HDD space, no write/read issues with any other music/audio/video software.  I have restarted the computer. I have verified that my system clock is set correctly and updating automatically. I have updated my OS. I have updated the Audition software. I had to update Creative Cloud to do some of these steps, which took a few minutes by itself. I have cleared the Media Cache folders manually and with the 'clean' button. I have changed the drive that the media is writing to. All drives are internal SATA drives.
I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. For some reason, after this process, I noticed Audition didn't recognize the external sound card inputs. It appeared that my Focusrite 18i8 was no misconfigured, and it's inputs were no longer recognized by Windows, as they had become 'disabled,' after uninstalling and reinstalling Audition - I thought that was odd. I reconfigured the Focusrite through the Focusrite Control panel and through Windows, and then configured Audition to communicate with the inputs. I then ran another multi-track recording with a channel set as record. Same issue happened again around 10 min 26 sec. Same error. I am now stuck and can not use the software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially, you should uninstall Audition using the Adobe CCcleaner app  rather than just uninstalling and reinstalling - it has been known to get over a number of problems. If the problem persists after that, then we'd need to see the log files for the session, and you will probably need to send those to audbugs@adobe.com as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To 'really' uninstall the program, i have to spend more time installing another program, after the 100+ hours of troubleshooting, and after already uninstalling audition, to 'really' uninstall it? This is very bad news. I have been using Adobe for over 20 years, and this is quite unrealistic for a professional to have to jump through these hoops to use the software that they pay for each month. I did not install another program you suggested to 'really' uninstall audition. And now, ordeal has now cost me 200+ hours, and I had to drop $300+ dollars to purchase ProTools so I could complete my contract for the weekend. The hours added up becuase after uninstalling Audition, it really did a number on my audio interface. All of my focusrite conrfigurations were deleted with the Adobe uninstall, which should not have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to help here... Moaning about it's all very well but it doesn't resolve anything. The uninstaller exists because Adobe has found it the easiest way to deal with a lot of the installation issues they come across. It's fine for you to say 'it really shouldn't be like this', and maybe it shouldn't be - but the reality of the situation is that it is. The CCCleaner is a command-line app, very easy to use and very quick.

If you want to give up, that's fine, but please don't moan about our attempts to help. We're a U2U group doing the best we can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of us are having the same problem, I suppose we're moaning. You would think there would be more percise answers than what I've seen so far, which seems to be a defacto fishing expedition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might call it a 'de facto fishing expedition', but what else exactly would you have us do? Inevitably, whenever anybody complains about something that not everybody esxperiences, we have to attempt to find out the background to it, and just occasionally this throws up answers. But there are no guarantees - especially in this case where I think that the problem might be greater than just Audition; I've had other software doing similar freezy  things. Yes I can point the developers at threads, and I do sometimes, but more often than not they've picked up whatever it was already. Are you saying we should do nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 64bit, highend system, no problems with disk, time, ram or anything else.

So this was a very disappointing thread to find, even though it's a few months old.

Same problem just happened to me out of the blue, and I'm not going to reinstall anything at all since _I_ haven't changed anything. 

If it helps at all, the problem occurs for me when I try to use the built-in "hard limiter" feature. 

I guess I'll have to use audacity until this issue is resolved.

Also for some _basic_ troubleshooting you guys could try: just check your codepaths to see what could possibly end up at showing that message and works backwards from there. A little protip from me. You can thank me by taking some money off my next monthly invoice which I do pay every month to use the software you provide.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem you all are having...again...seven years later. Third computer and fifth version of Windows. Seems to either be RealTek or Audition problem. I also have been unable to record audio from an online source without first unplugging my speakers. Now, even that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines