Exit

Audition Import / Export to/from other DAWs

Mentor ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its done!

AATranslator is finally finished.

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/ is where you will find it.

Its been 3 months in the making and as I mentioned previously its not donationware but it is a fully functional demo only limitation is the number of tracks and 'clips'.

Many thanks to John Lundsten from  the UK for the idea of this project, for his tireless efforts testing the application and for his insight as well as the user guide.  Thanks also to Adrian Connelly for additional programming efforts and the interface and also dstDean from this forum for additional testing and encouragement.

Those who have supported me in the past (as at the time of this post) through donating for any of my previous applications are entitled to $50usd off the price for every application they have donated to me in the past.  For some that equals a free copy!  Never let it be said that I don't appreciate your support!

This application is not for everyone but certainly for anyone who needs to move their projects from one DAW to another it is certainly worth a look.

It definitely the only application which currently allows you to import/export from Adobe Audition!

There are many other DAWS in our sights and significant work has already been completed interfacing to Reaper project files and OpenTL files.  These will appear in a free upgrade in the not too distant future.

Enjoy.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 130 Replies 130
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update

Our latest beta is now reading PT versions 7, 8 & 9

Started adding clip/item groups and bus/aux routing to some format conversions  (AA/SES obviously & Reaper - more to follow

OMF export is now handling wav & aif files

Too much fun to have in just one day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest public release is v4.0.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its that time again – another AATranslator release!

While I continually forget to make a note of all the changes we make (as if it’s not hard enough just making the changes) the highlights (that I do recall) are:

* Added Audition CS5.5 support (sesx).  Also check out our donationware Audition/CEP conversion tool Ses2Sesx
* Significant Audition/CEP conversion improvements and enhancements
* Improved and increased PT conversion capability

* Improved PT Track Automation conversion
* Added an 'Ignore Video' option
* Improved Ardour conversions (particularly session file locations)
* Improved AVID EDL import support - includes track volume automation where present
* Improved OMF export - now have an option to convert 32bit wav files to 24bit as 32bit OMFs are not part of the OMF standard
* Numerous small bug fixes or improvements in conversions of most formats

As usual with every upgrade we try not to break anything else and that is certainly getting harder to do the more complex this application becomes.

Our version upgrade releases continue to be free of charge but we do have a donation button on the main web page should you be feeling particularly generous.

http://www.aatranslator.com.au

As always feel free to pass on any comments or suggestions (providing they don’t involve too much work for us).

Registered users should all have been notified as to the location of the latest release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nice, but I can't see at all how to download the new version. I'm on www.aatranslator.com.au, can you please tell me exactly what to click on from there to download the update? Thanks!

A second question, I have Audition 1.5 and 3.0 sessions, which I want to convert to Nuendo. Can you tell me where the instructions for that are? And for going from Nuendo to Audition? Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I contact all registered users directly with the update details so its probably best that you contact me directly via the web site to make sure I have your correct details.

As to the second question - Nuendo has a number of options which include AES31 (ADL), Open TL, XML and (if you have the enhanced version of AATranslator) OMF.  AATranslator can convert Audition session to each of those (remembering that OMF doesn't like either stereo or 32 bit files).

John Lundsten has put together a comprehensive conversion capability chart which is available from the web site

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/ccount/click.php?id=7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has it been that long since I posted on this thread?

I know it seems like we sit around doing nothing but we are trying to finalise our next release.  As usual lots of trinkets & baubles as well as heaps of little fixes and enhancements.

A lot of work done on Nuendo conversions (to and from) plus we look like we have finally sorted out PT Playlists.

Some testing still to do but the next version (due real soon) will have an option to import PT Playlists or ignore them.

Now where is my Avid/Dodgy voodoo doll........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines