• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition is recording audio levels too low

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this issue has come up a few times but so far I have not come across a solution that has worked for me. Audition was working just fine for me for a while but recently the audio it was been recording is very quiet... to the point that in order to hear what was recorded I have to crank my speakers and computer volume all the way up to hear even a little bit of what was recorded. I play trombone, and I can play it loudly, so I know it is not an issue of not being close enough to the mic or anything like that.

Attatched: screenshot of my playing close to as as loud as I can with mic gained to the same levels it was before the issue started happening.

If it helps: I am running Audition 2020 and Windows 10

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Okay. What position do you have the knob on the front set to? Assuming it's in the middle somewhere, then you need to follow the instructions on this page with one additional bit they left out. When you get to the Device Properties page, you have to click on 'Additional device properties' on the RHS of the page to get to the Properties box, and then you can set the level.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Audition that's doing this, it's your sound device and its settings; Audition records faithfully everything it's sent from it, and has no means whatsoever to alter this. Since you haven't told us anything about what you have connected in the way of a sound device, we can't tell you any more, except to look at the recording level settings for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where should I look/what do I need to tell you to give you more infomation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an external sound device or the one built into your computer? If it's an internal device then you have to work your way through the Windows sound settings for your device. And admittedly they don't make it clear; you have to persevere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an external device, just a simple USB microphone, no external interface between the mic and computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what mic is it? Like I said, it's actual information we need here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. What position do you have the knob on the front set to? Assuming it's in the middle somewhere, then you need to follow the instructions on this page with one additional bit they left out. When you get to the Device Properties page, you have to click on 'Additional device properties' on the RHS of the page to get to the Properties box, and then you can set the level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I did not know that menu existed and indeed the volume was not all the way up. That doesn't explain why the problem comes and goes but at least now if it happens again I know where to look. My best guess is as I plug in and unplug different things the setting gets changed in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hi I have the same problem, I have a rode nt1a mic running through a Safire pro 24 with phantom power on and my gain around 7/8. My Adobe hardware setting are set. I have it running on Asio with my interface and input selected. If I record on audacity it comes out as you would expect loud and big wave form but when I go into audition my wave form of the lyrics are really small and is really quite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you make a special build of it, Audacity doesn't use ASIO. So you aren't comparing like with like, as Audacity's almost certainly using MME. Chances are that you will have to go through the Saffire app carefully to get the levels set right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines