• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Am having an infuriating time. I have to complete a podcast edit for a client, and Audition won't work. It just crashes either on start up or just after. I have tried going back to CC2017 and it does the same.

There was a dialogue box saying there is a "workaround or solution" and pointing me towards this page which contains neither: Audition Crashed. Now what?

I'm getting seriously fed up with Creative Cloud's instability. This seems to have been an issue for a while - has anything been done about it?

Running Windows 7 PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josephw32923546  wrote

There was a dialogue box saying there is a "workaround or solution" and pointing me towards this page which contains neither: Audition Crashed. Now what? 

Yes, I'd agree that this a slightly creative use of 'workaround or solution', although it will help you indirectly to a solution - and indeed it's your only realistic way forward.

On of the things that is becoming a little clearer is that in order to optimise the performance of Audition (and I suspect that this applies to other Creative apps too) is that they need to be tweaked to work with whatever Microsoft keeps doing (rather annoyingly) to Windows. The bottom line of this appears to be that to retain a relatively stable working version, you either have to update everything on a regular basis - and yes, I recognise that there are slings and arrows here - or get yourself a stable version of both the OS and the apps you want to use, and don't change anything at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

By "update everything" - you mean things like drivers etc? I have the latest version of Audition, and this is a company laptop so I have no real options over changing the OS.

I think I'll use Ableton and Ozone instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josephw32923546  wrote

By "update everything" - you mean things like drivers etc? I have the latest version of Audition, and this is a company laptop so I have no real options over changing the OS.

Unfortunately yes, that's often the case - the important ones being audio and video drivers. There's a long history of driver changes being necessitated after OS changes, and there have definitely been problems with that.

You might also want to point out to your employer that they are potentially dicing with an 'interesting' situation if, for instance, Audition is updated whilst the OS isn't. As far as I'm aware, the present version works fine with W7, but there's no guarantee that this will continue to be the case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way beyond my abilities unfortunately. The entire IT infrastructure of the company is based on W7 - we can't upgrade without huge IT changes. Out of 6,000 people only about 50 use Creative Cloud, and only 2 of us do audio, so we ain't going to be seeing any changes for a while!

I did it in Ableton and maximized in Ozone, turned out fine. Another CC programme to take off the list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mentioned a podcast, Im not sure if you have a video playing as well, but I was also crashing everytime I hit play until I deleted the video track, exported my own mp4 from premiere and it works ok, still laggier than ever but at least I can work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even get to that stage mate - Audition crashes as soon as its open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

It worked fine for converting about 40 audio files today, then I go to reopen the program, it pops up a crash report and asks me if I want to send it in or not, once I send the crash report it then notifies me that "Adobe has found a solution or workaround for the recent crash in Audition". Clicking to learn more only brings me to page about how to send in a crash report....

For my schoolwork I am required to use this program, so I dished out the $500+ CAD for my yearly subscription only to run into problems.

NOT IMPRESSED ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

Two months ago this happened, i ended up having to uninstall and reinstall which seemed to work for a while. But it is happening again.

I would submit another crash report and follow all of the submission instructions,  but I still have not heard back from anyone in regards to my multiple requests for assistance. So Is there really any point..

Thanks for the great product, and great support Adobe. (Just to be clear, that sentence is full of sarcasm.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having a similar problem but it happens when i try to generate text.

i tried to generate the bee movie script in audition and it wont clear the clipboard and ends up crashing when i open up the speech generator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines