Exit

Audition not Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

What am I doing wrong?

I finished mixing my session and want to export it out as an mp3 but as you can see in the image attached, all of the export options are greyed out.

If I highlight the actual WAVs in the multi-track session then I have one option available which is the last one - 'Selected Clips' but then when I click ok to export the file never is created and it doesnt say error or anything. I select export selected files and nothing exports and nothing happens at all.

Screenshot (100).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

I notice all the track outputs are set to "Headphones..." rather than the more usual "Master".  Is that the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the face of it, I can't see anything obviously wrong here, I must say. Is this the current version you are using? If I do something very similar-looking here, then I get all of the options for export (as long as I've done the right thing with the tracks). If you use the time selection tool to highlight all of the time in the session, do you get the 'Time Selection' export option then (the first one in the export option list)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice all the track outputs are set to "Headphones..." rather than the more usual "Master".  Is that the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to make the same observation. Export and Mixdown only works when all the tracks are sent via the Master track output since that is the source of all the audio data for the Mixdown process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe! I should have looked a bit harder. Almost certainly that's the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much man! You were right - it's now working. Appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW and where should you put it to "Master"? I have "master" where his says "headphones"... I did have a triangle on my clip on the left bottom corner but I couldn't read the "warning" so I clicked "dismiss" warning. I can't export or save my work. This is highly frustrating please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each output setting has a twirl-down where you can alter the destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!! I was tryin to figure out for some hours why this would be possible. Checked my hardware and worried about something could be broken hahaha. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a "Master" option under Output  on any of them.  Just mono, stereo and 5.1 options.  Any idea why I don't have an option for Master?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen-grab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, where I can't find "Masters"? Please help me it's soo frustrating 🥺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually people lose things by renaming them, without realising the significance of them. Here is a picture of the Audition mixer:

mixer master outputs.JPG

There is a ring around all of the track and bus outputs, and if they are not directed towards the Master channel on the right, then they simply won't be featured in the output. Yes you can rename all of these boxes, but ultimately this is what you have to do get a track output into the mix - route it to the Master (or whatever you've renamed it as) ouput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still can't find it. and i know i didn't rename anything. Help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for your help! I had the same issue as OP, and this was my issue/solution as well. God speed! -E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Did you find a solution as I don't have Master and I haven't renamed a thing. I just have all the moon stereo etc someone listed above 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default name for that track has been changed from "master" to "mix."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem that my files won't export. But all my output IS set to "mix" (which I understand is the default for master). So what else can it be????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you click on Export>Multitrack Mixdown (which is not greyed out in your screengrab), what happens? And at the bottom of the Master channel in the mixer view, if it says 'mix' there, that's fine. The rule is that you can call it whatever you like as long as the tracks or buses feeding it use the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!! SAVED MY LIFE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines