• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition (not responding), new Windows 10 laptop

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to a brand new laptop through work. The laptop is brand new and has 16GB of RAM. It runs Windows 10 and I use Adobe Audition 3.0.  Almost everything on this laptop works better than what I previously had.  Unfortunately, Audition doesn't run well at all.  I get many "not responding" pauses.  I've also had the program get stuck in a loop while trying to do a simple time squeeze.  I eventually had to force reboot my laptop because I couldn't do anything to stop the endless looping. 

After reading some previous posts, I've seen people say Audition 3.0 doesn't really click well with Windows 10.  Those posts were from last year.  Has anything changed? Are there any tricks to make it run better? Right now it's like trying to walk through a muddy field. Slow, frustrating, and I'd rather be doing anything else.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Playback , Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that's changed is that Microsoft have probably made things worse... One thing you should do if you haven't already is to run the 3.0.1 patch, which generally improves Audition 3 anyway - there's a thread about this here and the patch is still available to download, I believe. Also make sure that you are running as an administrator, and it's been suggested elsewhere that you might want to try one of the 'compatibility' modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je suis étonné d'apprendre qu'en 2021 il soit possible d'installer et de faire fonctionner Audition 3. Depuis plusieurs mois je tente d'activer mon Audition 3 officiel (boite et n° de série) mais impossible d'obtenir de Adobe le code d'activation ! Pourquoi ? Tous les contacts avec Adobe sont restés vains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original Audition 3 disk will never activate - the activation server was switched off many years ago. Read this thread: Audition 3 and the activation service. The activation-free version with a universal serial number that replaced it is also gone. It was removed at the behest of the Adobe legal department for reasons that we cannot discuss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je vous remercie de votre réponse.
Malgré tout, je ne suis pas d’accord avec la décision de Adobe par la suppression brutale de l’accès au code d’autorisation.
L’octroi de ce code n’est pas une décision laissée à l’appréciation de Adobe. Elle permet uniquement à Adobe de vérifier que l’acheteur a bien une version officielle.
C’est ce qui est déclaré par Adobe au moment de l’achat. Ce logiciel est pour moi très utile occasionnellement dans cette version.
Cordialement,
Paul de la Haye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the small print in the licence agreement, you'll find that Adobe can do pretty much what they want, and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audition 3.0 was released almost 14 years ago and was the final release of Audition as a 32-bit Windows-only application.  5 years later, in 2012, the activation system used for all Adobe applications from that era were retired, so new installers and serial numbers were made available to all registered users and remained freely available for download until sometime in 2019.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines