• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition will load tracks, but will not play them

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can load tracks into audition, but when I try to play the tracks the cursor will not move and no audio will play. Anyone know what the problem could be?

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Invariably when this happens, it is because the transport has become disconnected from your sound device - that's the only reason that it stops. As several people have demonstrated, sometimes this is caused by a fault in the preferences folder that you can 'cure' by having Audition reset it. That really isn't the first thing you should check to cure this problem though,  simply because it will also reset any other preferences you have set up as well. So before trashing your preferences, it's alw

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue tonight as well. Have the track in Waveform and when I push the spacebar like normal, click the play button,  nothing. Its wierd because I  can see when I hit play that the play button turns green like its playing but the track bar doesnt move and no sound in the headphones that I use to monitor with. This has never happened before so I was feeaking out a little.  I eneded up unplugging the Thunderbolt from the back of my Apollo Interface and waited a second, plugged it back in and ... bam... it's back to normal and working as usual.  All im saying is that it worked for me and it does not seem to have altered anything in settings , ability or functionality of the DAW and im back to editing. Hope this helps. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading several responses, I went to the preferences for sound output.  I did not see a problem. I have used the jack at the rear of the computer recently to play to an amplified system.  Simply plugging in my headphones in the front allowed te silly thing to start.  I unplugged them and the rear output took over as it should.  I am not sure if it is the software or the hardware acting up.  It happened once before, but by re-connecting the headphones it cleared before I had to investigate. No definitive answer, but if it happens again, that is where I will start.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's software, and nothing to do with Audition - it's Microsoft's Active Socket Sensing system, and life for just about everybody would be so much better if it could be switched firmly and permanently off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to fix this problem:

1. Click Edit

2. Click Preferences at the bottom

3. Open Audio Hardware

4. Click Settings

5. Click on the output device you would like to use

6. Select Properties on that device

7. Click the Advanced tab

8. Make sure the Default Format option matches the Sample Rate in Adobe Audition. You can see the Sample Rate in the Audio Hardware section in the settings that you previously opened. Make sure both of them have the same setting. i.e. 44100 Hz on both.

9. Hit apply and then go back into Audition and play the track. It should play now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To anyone who has an external sd card that is loading the audio track. It may look like you have the clip on the multitrack editor but the sound that you are using may not be able to be detected because the external storage device is not there and it might need that to play the audio. This can occur even if you have the correct default devices connected and the audio works on your computer. In this case you need to make sure that both the audio default device is correct and that the storage device you are loading the audio off of can be read as well. If you don't want to use the external storage then make a file that can be used locally on your device. this may remedy your situation if your external storage keeps on disconnecting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines