Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition will not play on Mac Pro

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All I wanted is to play an audio file in Audition CC 2017 and listen to it on my headphones connected to MacPro 2013 (OS X Sierra). My audio works just fine with these headphones plugged into MacPro headphones port, when I play YouTube videos in a browser.

But in Audition Audio Hardware Preferences, the output shows up as Built-In Output (Not Working). Whatever output I try to select (just to see), I get "The device settings could not be applied because the following error occurred: the sample rate is not supported by the current audio device".

This must be something ridiculously simple to fix, yes? I am lost. The setup is barebones and simple. How do I play audio in this program? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rad

PS. Interestingly, in my After Effects, none of these problems exist. In its Audio Hardware, Built-In Output looks all good, and plays comps with imported audio files just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CoolCatPro007,

Sorry to hear that you have issues with audio output. As mentioned in the error message, it is certainly a conflict of the audio sample rate set in the app and of the device in the OS. Have you checked the sample rate of the device in the OS?

Have you tried testing the same on the latest version of the app? You can install the latest version using the Creative Cloud app. Update Creative Cloud apps

Please make sure you do not uninstall the older version.

Also, share a screenshot of Audition Preferences > Audio Hardware with us.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png2.png

Here are the messages I get. I would really appreciate if you could elaborate on "conflict of the sample rate set in the app" and of the "device in OS". I do understand that in Audition > Preferences > Audio Hardware there is a sample rate to be set. But what about "device in OS"?

Now, tweaked something (I think I switched the "default input" to "No Input") and suddenly the headphones work. Still, if you could explain this sample rate situation (or is there a good article somewhere?), that would be great.

Thanks!
Rad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware do you have a checkbox with the option 'Attempt to force hardware to document sample rate'? I don't know if this is present in the Mac version or not, but it is in the PC version. If you have this option, try putting a check in it and see if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have that checkbox. However, now everything is working with Default Input: No Input, and Default Output: Built-In Output. I'm going to keep it that way, because this is all I need. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines