• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition won't open Dolby audio (and Encore builds and burns won't play)

Participant ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a license for Dolby and it has been working fine with Adobe Audition and Media Encoder and Encore. I've had a few hiccups when Adobe 'upgrades/updates' something and breaks it, but I've never had an error like this.

I'm able to export AC3 files without a problem using Media Encoder (in the past, when things got broken, that's where the issue lay). And I've been able to make Blurays on Encore. But when I burn and play them, it's video only, no audio.

So I tried to open the AC3 file in Audition, to verify that there was indeed audio on the tracks. And instead of opening, I now get the following warning: Apple AudioToolbox was unable to create a converter between the input and output formats for the specified file. Error Code: 'fmt?'

Not sure where the problem lies, with an update in Adobe or if Apple has gone weird on me...any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Audition are you using and which version of macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Dolby licence have you bought?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased SurCode for Adobe from Telos Alliance.  And running the most current version of both Adobe and MacOs. Audition says 12.1.0.182. I'm not sure where the 'breakage' happened. Usually I could open AC3 files in Audition and tweak if necessary, but yesterday started getting that error. As I can't get the files to play in preview mode in Apple either, breakage could be there. Spent the last 24 hours trying to track down what is working and what doesn't. If I export from Premiere Pro, there's AC3 gets created with audio. If I try to create an AC3 file from video I've exported from Premiere Pro using Media Encoder, I get audio (neither will open in Audition, but VLC and Encore both show audio as existing). If i drag in ts video files/packages into Media Encoder, the audio will export as blank (will get an AC3 file that is the correct physical file size and number of channels, but there is nothing in it. As this was working as of a few weeks ago, not sure what has happened along the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Surcode I have is a Dolby encoder only, Dolby decoding for playback is handled by either Windows 10 or the Mac operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah it's looking like something 'broke' in Apple given the warning message in Audition, and it giving a 'crossed out play button' when I try to play/preview. But then we have files that worked to generate an AC3 a month ago all of a sudden not working in Media Encoder so...who knows? Everything seems to be held together by spit and chewing gum lately (and we pay dearly for that 'luxury')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines