Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Won't Save To External Hard Drive

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So!...

I have Audition (I think it's CS6) on a desktop Mac. I always use an external HD to save all of my sessions. Today I downloaded Audition CC2019 from the Adobe Cloud onto my Macbook Air, and plugged in my HD to start editing. (I'm editing a session that I started on the desktop Mac at home). It opens the session with no problems. It works and I can make cuts and edit fine. BUT!.. When I try to save the session I get a message that says "one or more media files used by this Multitrack session are located outside of the session folder. Would you like to copy these media files to the session folder?" It makes no difference whether I say yes or no because when I quit Audition, I get this message: "Save changes to [session name] before closing?" so I say yes and then I get the first message again! If I say yes, I get "Audition encountered an error trying to perform the operation" and if I say no, it will close down without saving anything and, when I open it again, I have no saved edits. I'm going to cry!!

Is there a way around this? I'm away from home for two days and need to edit! Has anyone had this problem before? Is it the fact that they're two different versions of Audition? Or is it something blindingly obvious? I'm going round and round in circles and wasting so much time!!!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought occurs to me, which may have a bearing on your problem: CS6, if that is indeed the version on your desktop Mac, is 32 bit only; CC is 64 bit only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all can you open a session from your external hard drive and then save it onto the local drive using Save As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can, but EVERY time I want to work on that file, I have to copy EVERYTHING to my local drive and then copy it back. UGH! And I'm on Monterey 12.4 and this post is still relevant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this. have you discovered any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't say at the time (it was only a hunch), but I suspected that all of this was caused by 'anomalies' in the original session file, and for some reason it didn't like the drive being moved. What you could try, if you have all the files you are using in a single folder, then try doing a Save As to a new session file, in that folder, and see if that works okay...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines