• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition2019 wrong auto created .mp3 tracks

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced a curious problem with auto creation of .mp3 tracks from a .wav master recording. The recording had been given cue marks to define 11 tracks. Four of the tracks (1005,1006,1010 & 1011) auto created in .mp3 format (using the merge/export tools) were not from that recording but from previous recordings located in other folders of different dates but with files of the same idents as the new ones. It's a weekly production which needs to output 1001 - 1011 and has worked accurately until now.  Any ideas why this week's problem? .. and how to avoid? Meantime I'm going to archive previous recordings so that they can't get used again.
Alan from Shrewsbury

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and attract somebody from the dev team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a weird one, and I can't think of any cause for that to occur unless those files were left behind from a previous export.  To make sure I understand, are these the steps you took?

1. Added cue markers to a single WAV file in Waveform editor view
  2. In the Markers panel, converted those cue markers to range markers
  3. In the Markers panel, used the Export Selected Range Markers command to output each range to a unique mp3 file.

When you say "located in other folders of different dates with with files of the same idents as the new ones" can you clarify a bit specifically what you saw?  Were the incorrect files timestamped with the wrong dates in the OS directory view?  Or if you look at the metadata, is there a creation date timestamp that would reflect the older productions date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_durin thank you for your reply. To elaborate on the work we do each week. A 90-MIN .WAV RECORDING IS MADE WITH CUE MARKERS POPPED IN TO DIVIDE INTO 11 TRACKS AND THESE ARE 'MERGED' AND EXPORTED (PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED AS BATCHED) AS .MP3 FILES TO ANOTHER FOLDER IN WHICH PREVIOUS WEEK'S, DATE INDENTIFIED, SIMILAR SETS ARE STORED. (Sorry i see it dropped into caps when I hit the first A of that long sentence).
So we have a folder with subfolders dated week by week and each sub folder contains eleven .mp3 files referenced 1001- 1011. There are countless such identically identified 1001-1011 files but normally no crossover because each set is within a uniquely date-identified folder.

What has just happened is that 1005, 1006, 1010 and 1011 of this week's set are not the ones from the .wav recording made this week (but the remainder have correctly come from this week's). The four wrong ones are, I've just identified, from a set made a few weeks ago!
Thinking that I might stop this happening by archiving all previous sets, I found no change after archiving in a separate folder and setting it to make a new set (obviously with a diffeernt ident). So where could the auto-create process have suddenly found these particular tracks and substituted only those 4 but not the remainder?

Incidentally the work-around was to take the .wav recording over to another pc and auto-create the .mp3s correctly on the old Audition CS6 software without problem - as we have doing for many years. So nothing amiss with the master recording. It must be the auto process which has gone wrong. Any thoughts?

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan,

Can you post a screenshot of Audition's Markers and Files panel for this project?  Especially right after you've reproduced this problem.  That may help answer a few questions and focus troubleshooting a bit.  You can share it here, or feel free to follow up via email to audbugs@adobe.com

Thanks,

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the latest which I've just sent around to colleagues here - don't know if is the answer but here's hoping.

Alan

My previous hopes that the Adobe software would work properly were shattered at 5.30pm last wednesday when I was checking the tracks and found that it had made at least a couple of Ian Musty's old ones again instead of mine. So I got past that by taking the master to the Sony and making them there with no problem.

A subsequent chat session with an Adobe Help guy only repeated their previous ideas and, unlike the previous week, didn't even work on my issue. I was going to have to go back again today and try and escalate to a better adviser but I thought I'd first try a possible solution which came to me in the middle of the night!

The nature of the wrong intruder tracks was always that the replacements were the same ident, i.e. an Ian 1004 instead of an Alan or David 1004 and so I thought I'd try changing the way we identify the new tracks by giving each a unique identifier. I had a go this morning and it worked on my issue and also on Alan C's from the previous week.

If you look at the attached you'll see how I've done it. (Attachment wouldn't attach!  but it just showed screen grabs of the Export range Markers window and leaving File Name box blank; putting date 20191101 in Prefix; and 001 in the Postfix starting box) Quite why the method we've used for years has become unreliable is beyond me and Adobe didn't seem to have come across it. Takes me back to when we bought Audition CS5.5 several years ago and I spent hours on the phone (in those days) to India without solving things until they brought out CS6 and I pressured them to upgrade us for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Alan.

I was hoping we could follow up via email, as I requested above, but I haven't seen anything from you yet.  I'd be happy to continue troubleshooting, but I think we'll need screenshots or to do a remote screenshare session, but we generally prefer to share that information over email rather than the public forum.  If you have an opportunity to reach out to audbugs@adobe.com, I or another member of the Audition team would be happy to investigate further and see if we can get this figured out.

Thanks,

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines