• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Microphone Setup for YouTube

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. What's the best microphone setup for recording clean dialogue for youtube videos? I'll be editing in Premiere Pro. For the most part there will be just sitting and talking and I want a mic that can pic my voice up from any angle and works well with Adobe programs.
Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio hardware

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as 'best', and there are lots of different approaches - largely dependent upon your budget as much as anything. Software is generally mic-agnostic unless you are considering USB mics. If you are not proposing to use a USB mic then you'll need a suitable sound device as well. In general the results you get depend very heavily on rather more than just the mic you use - the local acoustics, background noise, how it's suspended, setup of pop and blast filters and a few other things as well.

If your dialogue is going to be in-vision, and you want it to pick up evenly if you move, then the solution is to use a lapel mic, the same as broadcasters. If you're going to be sat at a desk, then a desk-mounted mic will be okay, as long as it's suspended so as not to pick up noise from the desk itself if you touch it.

Bottom line is that if you want serious suggestions, that's fine - but you are going to have to fill in a few of the blanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Steve says, telling us your budget would help. Best mike for $100, or best under $2,000?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the lapel mic 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines