• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to remove fridge background noise from conversation

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remove a fridge noise from conversation using any methods available in Audition, but with little to no success due to lack of skills. This GD folder contains the fridge noise sample I took, and my conversation sample with that fridge noise in the background. Can someone suggest a cleanup sequence that really works to make voices clear?

I don't mean generic suggestions, since it would be quite difficult to find the right settings on my own, but a detail tested with my files sequence I can repeat on a full recording for success, and learn right skills in the process. Thanks a lot in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on lack of replies, it looks like there is no way to remove strong background noise in my above sample from voice conversation using Audition. In this case, what other package would you suggest to try, and with what plugins and sequence? Also, on what web forum the likelihood of getting help on my above question is higher than here (exactly zero with full ignorance)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't quite have time to do exactly what you want - and if I did, you really wouldn't learn anything because I would have done it all for you. You may be able to reduce this a little with NR (process), but you couldn't use your fridge sample as a basis for it as it clearly isn't the same as the fridge sound on your recording. Also you should note that the closer the wanted sound is in level to the unwanted sound, the worse the results are going to be anyway - and there really isn't much dynamic range in what you've presented.

I'm afraid that because of the nature of the recording in general, you won't ever end up with a clear sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce Subject-to-Microphone Distance, Increase Microphone to Noise Distance

The single most effective way to improve the speech-to-noise ratio is by reducing the subject-to-microphone distance. Think about a live performance where a singer is holding the microphone directly at/on their mouth. That incredibly short subject-to-microphone distance can overcome loud stage volumes.

For this same reason, lavalier microphones are often used to capture production dialog in high-noise environments. Lavaliers can often be placed closer to the mouth than boom-mounted microphones, improving the speech-to-noise ratio.

When possible, it is best to eliminate acoustical noise sources before recording. For example, if there is a nearby air-conditioning unit, turning it off is far easier than trying to remove the sound in post-production. Similarly, if traffic noise is audible, moving to a new location is the ideal solution. Most of the time this is easier said than done.

Watch This Thread To get more help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition-discussions/Guide-way-to-remove-fridge-guide-background-noise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question was about a problem with an existing recording, not about microphone technique. If you are going to add comments to old threads, please read and understand the question being asked first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines