• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Audition CC loopback recording like audacity or Goldwave ?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can Audition CC loopback recording like audacity or Goldwave ?

I'm running under windows mostly , seldom under mac

searched around net and youtube , haven't found a good solution

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming that you mean monitoring of the input signal via whatever path you've set up in Audition. That's what the I button is for in Multitrack view - but it introduces latency, and you have to set it up carefully. You can't do it at all in Waveform view, as it records completely differently from Multitrack. Multitrack is direct to disk, but Waveform is via a temp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @SteveG_AudioMasters_ 

If I stat foobar2000 or Chrome and watch a video on youtube , Goldwave (it does show the spectrum even before start to record ,it's enough have in the setting Loopback... ) or Audacity  can record the audio from foobar2000 or youtube

That's what the I button is for in Multitrack view

By @SteveG_AudioMasters_

The I in the multi-track is always gray , can't select it

and in the preferences ,audio channel mapping imput can't select the same card of the output

why?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audition does not have the ability to record audio streams from internal sources without the addition of something like Virtual Audio Cable. That's not easy to set up, but it can be made to work.

The answer to your second question is that it is almost certainly a function of using an internal sound device with limited options and drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines