• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Simultaneously Delete All Plosives?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to simulteneously eliminate all instances of a given frequency or sound that recurrs throughout a recording. I have included an exerpt from a podcast I worked on the other day where the repetive sound was kind of like a plosive but generated by some electronic glitch. I would typically scrub out plosives as its more precise but I'm wondering if there is a way to create a noise print of a problematic sound & apply that process across a whole file without distorting everything else too much? It would take forever to scrub each instance of this sound out in this case as its every second or so but the sound is too short to eliminate using the Noise Reduction process. Is ther another way?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

TOPICS
How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Yes there is, but how well it will work on this material is a little dubious... It's called the Sound Remover. In order to teach it the sound, you will have to reduce the FFT size in the module*, because you are only learning something very short. I picked the example after the word 'the' to use. You have to select it in the spectral view (you won't see it on the waveform) so you do this, and then click 'Learn Sound Model'. If you now select the whole file, you can test this - and you may well n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is, but how well it will work on this material is a little dubious... It's called the Sound Remover. In order to teach it the sound, you will have to reduce the FFT size in the module*, because you are only learning something very short. I picked the example after the word 'the' to use. You have to select it in the spectral view (you won't see it on the waveform) so you do this, and then click 'Learn Sound Model'. If you now select the whole file, you can test this - and you may well need to experiment with the settings quite a bit. I think it's something of an improvement, but you will have to EQ the sound quite a bit afterwards because doing this alters the tonal balance quite a lot.

*If you start by making a small selection and the app wants a longer one, you end up in a vicious circle where it won't open the app to let you change the FFT. So you have to make a larger selection to let the app open, and then go back and make your small one again. Ho Hum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the reply Steve. I shall now go and study the Sound Remover! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines