• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Add A New Effect To Favorites?

Engaged ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as I've been using CE/CEP/AA, it seems like I Have to learn this over and over and over again. I've done searches today and can only find references for how to RECORD a new favoritge in Adobe Audition 2021. How can I simply add an oft-used effect (in this case, a 3rd-party VST mouth de-clicker) to the Favorites panel?

I feel kinda stupid having to ask this. But honestly, I can't find the answer anywhere at the moment. Can someone at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

I'm pretty sure you can't do that - you have to open the effect itself. But if you assign a shortcut key to an effect, hitting that will open it without applying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured this out almost immediately after I posted it. but I'm leaving it here because not only am I sure to forget at some point (:-P), someone else might have the question.

the answer is that each effect window will have a little star icon at the top when open. Click on that to add the effect to the Favorites panel.

I knew it was easy. Just couldn't remember how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I STILL don'thave exactly what I need. I just want to OPEN the effect window. I do NOT want to apply the effect without being able to adjust the settings. But that's what is happening now. When I click on this new Favorite, it doesn't open the effect window. It simply does basicall a "re-do" of the last time that effect was applied (I guess, or the "default" setting).

How do I get it to just open the window and not actually apply the effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can't do that - you have to open the effect itself. But if you assign a shortcut key to an effect, hitting that will open it without applying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve! As usual, you are the MAN :-). 

Cheers,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines