• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot record anything in CS6

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open, import any sound file and play it or edit it with no problems in Adobe Audition CS6.  I Have just tried to record a simple wave file in AA, but it won't.  I did this by playing the file in a media player and Stereo Mix (what you hear) set.  My sound drivers are fine and in Sound and Audio Device Properties, the Recoding Control has Stereo Mix enabled.  The Line In is enabled also.  I then tried the Line In by connecting a sound source to it and tried to record.  Again nothing.  Here are screen captures of Audio Channel mapping and Audio Hardware:

channel_map.gif

hardware.gif

Thanks in advance for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

SteveG(AudioMasters)  wrote

Have you tried this with any other driver available other than MME?

Yes, and I have got AA to record at last!

The ASIO4ALL drivers did the trick.  At first, I uninstalled and reinstalled all the latest Realtek drivers and tried 32 and 64 bit versions.  It made no difference and it would not record.  To get the ASIO4ALL to work was a bit of a study.  It defaults to digital Input, and I never use that.  To allow recording, I had to disable Digital Input in advanced setting

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things come to mind...

First, to record in multtrack you have to set the appropriate inputs in the information panel at the left hand end of each track.  The input menu is the one marked with the right-facing arrow.  Click on the box and, on the first drop down menu, select mono then on the second select the Realtek channel that's appropriate

Second, and more difficult, many computer manufacturers, under pressure from the RIAA to fight piracy, have disabled the ability to record "What U Hear",

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that you have mentioned, but it will not record sound.  Even arm for record and click the Monitor Input.  Nothing is registering in the Monitor Input.  For testing purposes, the sound source is a 440 Hz sine wave coming into the Line Input of my sound card at 0 dB.  For my card in Sound Properties, Recording Control volume is up and Line Volume is up.  Recording in the Waveform also fails.

I have tested the ability to record in the following editors:  GoldWave, Audacity, Creative WaveStudio and Windows Sound Recorder.  All work perfectly and will record.

This is definitely an Adobe Audition CS6 sound driver conflict with Realtek High Definition Audio drivers.

I'll have a look at Realtek for the newest drivers.  I did a search on the forum all day yesterday and found a thread dated 2011 that the ASIO4ALL drivers may help.  I'll try Realtek first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SteveG(AudioMasters)  wrote

Yes, and I have got AA to record at last!

The ASIO4ALL drivers did the trick.  At first, I uninstalled and reinstalled all the latest Realtek drivers and tried 32 and 64 bit versions.  It made no difference and it would not record.  To get the ASIO4ALL to work was a bit of a study.  It defaults to digital Input, and I never use that.  To allow recording, I had to disable Digital Input in advanced settings:

asio4all.gif

asio4all_2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines