• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting mutitrack to a podcast

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am doing a series of podcasts and am using the podcast template for each episode.   I realised I made oneof the episodes in the multitrack template.  I want to convert it to a podcast template without loosing my markers, cuts etc.  Is this possible? I'm in v14

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be possible by editing the session file directly, but we'd need some advice from SuiteSpot - he's the session file expert. Personally I'd be wanting to convert anything made in the Podcast template to the default template - the podcast one has a lot of issues which many users find difficult to resolve. It was only ever envisaged as a starting position, and not intended to be used exactly as it is, all the time - simply because the settings in the effects only really apply to the audio that was present when they were created, and everybody else's audio will be different. So the result at best will be sub-optimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SteveG  Good to know the Podcast template is not the best to use for this. Wish I knew this at the beginning. I suppose that  raises the question - how do it convert the Podcst templates to the default multitrack template? Or am I in too deep.

cheers George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the session you've got, the best thing you can do is remove all of the effects that the podcast template adds - it's those that generally cause the problems. Then you'll have 'vanilla' tracks that will almost certainly sound better, and if you really need to modify anything, that's a much better starting position. One thing you could do that might help you if you actually like the layout of the podcast template is to open it, remove all of the effects, and export the template with a different title. That would be a much better starting position!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines