• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut and Paste to New File

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does adobe have the ability to CUT and then PASTE TO NEW FILE...all at once? 

I see CUT and I see Paste to New File, but not in one motion,   Can that be edited to a keyboard shortcut?    Or a Macro/Favorite or something? 

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need to look at is Copy to New File. If you make a selection and use that, then a new file with just that selection in is created. Just in case you change your mind, the original selection isn't deleted - but if you go back to the original waveform, you'll find that your selection is still highlighted. If you want to at that point, you can hit the Delete key and it's gone (once you've saved the file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its better that way, and the way i'd been doing it, but if Adobe would put in a CUT and PASTE TO NEW LINK, that would save a few clicks.

Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't do that, because their legal team has told them to be risk-averse, and not to do anything that will enable people to destroy recorded content unless you absolutely intend to, quite deliberately - which is why the multitrack drop-in facility doesn't do what it would on a tape machine - which would be to replace the take completely. What happens instead is that all the drop-in takes get piled up, and even when you select the one you want, you still have to get rid of the rest as a separate operation. This irks a lot of people, who'd just like the ones they aren't using to Go Away.

It appears to be felt that they could lay themselves open to a liability claim if they didn't do this, apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the difference between just CUT or DELETE and CUT and
Paste to New is? both are destructive. Maybe I 'm not getting your
explanation but it seems that CUT and DELETE are one click options to
destroy recorded content whether you absolutely mean it or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cut places a copy in the clipboard. Delete doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines