• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default MP3 Format?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using CS6...wondering if there is a way to choose MP3 as a default format instead of always defaulting to WAV? Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

If you choose File > Export > File... to save your recordings, it will always remember the last-used format, so after selecting MP3 once, it will continue to default to MP3.

The File > Save or Save As for new recordings will always default to uncompressed WAV files as MP3 is a lossy format and there will always be quality degradation when compressing.  We wouldn't want the default format to inadvertently reduce quality, which is why compressed formats require some intervention when using the stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose File > Export > File... to save your recordings, it will always remember the last-used format, so after selecting MP3 once, it will continue to default to MP3.

The File > Save or Save As for new recordings will always default to uncompressed WAV files as MP3 is a lossy format and there will always be quality degradation when compressing.  We wouldn't want the default format to inadvertently reduce quality, which is why compressed formats require some intervention when using the standard Save commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, thanks, Durin. I send out 15-20 voice-over auditions a day...MP3 required...so thought it might be a bit quicker if you could set a default. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could Batch convert your saved .wav files all together at the end of an editing session perhaps. Edit menu Batch Process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was raised on Adobe Audition 3.0. Upgraded to 20 and now 21. 3.0 is so simple, easy to use, and solves every problem I've personally encountered with '21. The default to .wav is irritating. Not being abvle to get the mute function to work as a keyboard short cut is irritating. All us voice actors need,  3.0 delivers. I know the tech guys don't want to hear it but for us, less is significantly more. BUT I am forcing myself to live in the '21 world and it's working with the exception of those two things I mentioned and the fact that they took good zoom functionality and made it more complicated than it needs to be. But thanks for asking my question for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines