Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delayed Audio Playback - Audition

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audition - Mac

When pressing play there is a delay - perhaps 500 milliseconds or so, when using automation.

The delay seems to get worse as the project is edited further and becomes more complicated.

I found that if I removed the plug-ins from the track, the delay is gone even with automation on.

If I remove automation and leave the plug-ins in, thenthe delay is gone as well.

So the playhead delay happens when using plug-ins and automation together.

Which plug-in does not seem to matter, any of them, Adobe or otherwise cause the problem.

This is only a two track edit but often happens using more tracks.

Yes, my computer has more than enough power, and yes it happens on other computers under the same parameters.

Workaround:

My rather convoluted workaround is to create a bus track, install plug-ins on that one and rout the output of the track I am editing to the bus. This seems to work.

Does anyone have a fix? I did call Adobe but got the usual uniterested response of it must be on my end. Really I wonder how they ever fix bugs when they have no interest in hearing about them. Wierd. Life goes on. 🙂

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certain realtime audio effect have high amounts of latency in Audition.  Most notably the Full Reverb, Reverb, the FFT Filter, the Scientific Filter, and some others that I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Any time an audio effect has latency, Audition must compensate for that latency so every thing lines up.  A single audio effect can cause the latency to jump way up.  This is noticeable in certain cases, like the responsiveness of automation.

While it is not possible to eliminate all forms of latency, you can minimize it by replacing an effect that is causing high of latency.  I mention the effects above as the worse culprits, I would recommend you try to replace them with lower latency version of the same audio effect.

For Full Reverb and Reverb, use the Studio Reverb.  For FFT Filter and Scientific Filter effects, use the Parametric EQ.

Le t me know if this info is helpful or not.  I suspect that this ins’t a bug, and can be solved with a tweak to your workflow.  If this is confusing or this is not the cause also let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you answering my post - even if it took 16 months and multiple messaging on social media. 
The thing about bugs is that every time Adobe has one (virtually every update brings another,) they always try to make it sound like it's the user ro jus the way things work. It's not. I originally contacted support years ago about this.

The plug-in being used slows the systme you say. Well, if you take that same plug-in and place it on a bus track - real time - and route the orginal problem track through that bus then automation works fine and there is no delay. If it was a system delay it wouldnt matter where it was.
Perhaps it would be handy if Adobe actually tried to replicate the issue and try to fix it, BEFORE responding with a story about how it just the way it is or it's the user etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using one of the effects I mention above?

"Perhaps it would be handy if Adobe actually tried to replicate the issue and try to fix it, BEFORE responding with a story about how it just the way it is or it's the user etc.?"  

I did, there is very little information for me to try and figure out what is happening.
Perhaps providing more information will help, or a screen recording of the issue?  Maybe post screen shot of your Audio Hardware Preferences?   With the current info I'm really at a loss.  

here though as there is no actionalbel information, and too many possible variables to try to eliminate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am not using any of those mentioned - 

"Full Reverb and Reverb, use the Studio Reverb.  For FFT Filter and Scientific Filter effects".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send me the session file so I can investigate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you even tried to replicate this on a Mac? It should be fairly evident. I have been chasing this so long I'm getting tired of having to re-explain it everytime.
How do you suggest I send my session files to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Have you even tried to replicate this on a Mac?"  Yes. 

There are lots of variables to consider, that is why I asked for a session to eliminate as many of those variables as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines