Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Clip in Audition Issues in Latest version

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am having issues with the edit clip in Adobe Audtion feature in Premiere Pro. I am using Premiere Pro v14.0 and Adobe audition 13.0.1.35. My issue is when I send multiple clips to Audtion using the edit clip it does the whole render and replace but when it gets to Audition only the first two clips make it and they are duplicated for example it would end up looking like "MYTIMELINE_audioextracted.wav,MYTIMELINE_audioextracted.wav, MYTIMELINE_audioextracted_01.wav,MYTIMELINE_audioextracted_01.wav.

The rest of the clips on my timeline do not make it. My work around is to find the actual location of the rendered and replaced clips and import them from there. Which works well enough, but after making audio adjustments, the adjustments are made in Premiere as well but the timeline does not show that the clips are references of the new rendered and replaced files, it appears as nothing has changed and the audio is still being used from the original file. The audio does not change colour, as it usually goes from blue to green in Premiere, also the name of the clips do not change either. 

Has anyone experienced this as well? 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a Mac or a PC? If it's a Mac and you're using Catalina, this is known about and being worked on. Basically it's a Catalina security issue, casued by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to pass this to the developers - hopefully you'll get a comment from one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SteveG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When do you think they'll have a Mac solution?  This is so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be related to the length of the file path on Windows.  How many characters are in the file path?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 42 characters in the file path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to post a link to a small project that has just 2 audio files in it that show the issue? If you don't want to post it publicly, you can send a link to audbugs@adobe.com and reference this thread and we can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by post a link so a small project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking. What I was thinking of was:

Take a PrProj, remove everything other than the two files, save that as a new PrProj, then add that PrProj to a .zip with the two audio files inside. Then upload the .zip to a public file service (e.g. assets.adobe.com) and send a link (URL) to that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY PROJECT IN PREMIEREMY PROJECT IN PREMIEREMY PROJECT AFTER BEING SENT TO AUDITIONMY PROJECT AFTER BEING SENT TO AUDITION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can see my issue from those screen grab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines