• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing the audio of a video where one channel cuts out sometimes

Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some video that's sub-optimal. Among its defects is a stereo audio channel where, occasionally - about 5 or 6 times over a 40 minute period - only the left channel will have sound. I pulled the thing into Audition and have chopped up the audio into separate tracks of the mixer.

Track 1 contains all the normal stereo audio. I've dragged all clips where the channel cut-out happens down to Track 2. From here, I'm sure I have options. I could just mix-down Track 2 to mono and then turn that into stereo again, but I'm figuring I have an opportunity to learn something here, since I have some time to play with.

Is there some non-destructive way to resolve all of this in the mixer? While I'm quite conversant in Premiere, I'm less so in Audition, but I've still managed to pull off my share of tricks. This one is eluding me; too much time away from the program. But I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your attention.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it were me I would do it all in Waveform view. But first do a Save As to keep the original and only work on the newly named copy. Then where there is a dropout on the right channel select that piece of the audio and then use 'Fill Right with Left' preset from Effects/Amplitude and Compression/Channel Mixer to replace the missing audio with that from the left channel.

You can assign that Preset to your Favorites by clicking on the 'star' icon in the Channel Mixer panel. The new Favorite will appear in the Favorites menu. To speed things up further you could assign a Keyboard Shortcut key to this Favorite. Then filling in the drop outs on the Right channel will only take a couple of seconds once you get it set up and practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines