Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects/Plugins not rendering on specific track in Mixdown

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow Auditioners,

The main verse vocal effect rack is not applying within recent mixdowns. All other effects on other tracks are seemingly fine. After the mixdown, I hear all other tracks within the mixdown, but the main verse is much lower in volume as if the effects didn't apply. During playback within the multitrack window, there are no issues; all verses, busess and sends functions as desired. All 3rd party plugins are authorized/activated within my Ilok and all tracks are prerenderd prior to mixdown (issue occurs regardless). This just recently started occuring about a week before I updated and still is happening after I've done so. Would love some assistance with this issue before I jump ship from my beloved DAW. );

System:

- MacBook PRo (15 inch, 2019)

- 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

- 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

TOPICS
Export , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

There are issues with AU plugin instances in current versions of Audition. Try replacing them with VST's. 

-paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's odd that it would play okay, and not mix down correctly. The only obvious thing that comes to mind relates to routing: if you route any track directly to your sound device rather than the master channel on the mixer, it could happen then, although it would have to be a complicated bit ot routing within the mixer to get a reduced dry level out. The way you'd do that is to have the actual vocal track routed correctly, but the effects on a bus, and the bus not routed to the master.

I had a look around to see if anybody else has reported anything like this, but there's nothing obvious. Even having a strange set of export settings wouldn't achieve that effect. It may be that you've ended up with a rogue sesx file - that's happened before, and all sorts of strangeness can result from that. Do you have a backed-up session file you could try with the session, and if you do, does it do the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very odd. Checking the routing was my first step in troubleshooting. As of now, all tracks are properly routed. I thought it was that a certain set of plugins I utilized were not compatible with Audition, but turns out they are as they work on other tracks just fine. I'll try my luck with a backup file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried on 2 backup sessions, same results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in that I'm having the same problem. The plugins (from Waves) were working fine until recently. I tried AU and VST - same problem: when playing the mix the plugins are working, but as soon as I try to Mixdown or Bounce the effects are ignored. This is a huge problem for me, if it persists, because I will not be able to mixdown or tweak any previous mixes where I have spent loads of time on EQ, Compression, Vocal Tuning, etc. and because I have created quite a few preset effects to save time in the future, not to mention the immediate lack of results after spending time perfecting a track. Wondering if there is a way to get this glitch reported to the programmers - seems to be due to recent updates or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the subject plugin instances AU's or VST versions?

-paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I utilized a mix of both. For the same plugins. 

I did that only by my way of workflow. 

Since the AU selector categorizes plugins by maker and not function.
So let's say I started out using VST's and finished off the mix using AU's. 
Hmm, could this be the issue? Even if said plugins are the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are issues with AU plugin instances in current versions of Audition. Try replacing them with VST's. 

-paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do! Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick!

Noted for future use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I suspected. In fact I'm still running version 13.0.0.519. As far as I can tell it's the last version where AU's work with minimal issues.

I provided additional insight here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/chiming-in-on-issues-with-au-plugins/td-p/11039202?page=1

-paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul, im having the same issues using Antares on Adobe audition. Can you explain what you said in detail please?

thanks,

dushyanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines