Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects VST & VST 3 don't appear.

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I installed Adobe Audition CS6, and VST plugins and VS3T don't appear in Effects Windows, only the names VST and VST3.
I've been in "Audio Plug-in Manager" and selected the folder where the plugins are "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CS6\Plug-ins\VST3" and "Scan for plug-ins" and don't appear in the "Available Plug-Ins".
This situation is normal?

I have a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 soundcard installed on your system.

Thank you.

Paulo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

I have experienced something similar to this, running CS6 but on Windows so this possible solution may not work!

However, you need to "force" AA to rescan all your plugins.  First, check that the "plug in folder" list in Audio Plug In Manager is correct and complete.  Then, in the same screen choose "Scan for plug ins" with the "Rescan existing plug ins" checked.  This may now find and reload all your existing plugs.  In my case, it found some, but not all.  So I reselected "Scan for plug ins" bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I indicated above, CC has only ever been 32-bit; there is no 64-bit version of it anywhere on any OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG(AudioMasters) wrote:

As I indicated above, CC has only ever been 32-bit; there is no 64-bit version of it anywhere on any OS.

Er, Steve, isn't that backwards?  I believe that from the first CC release onwards, Audition in the Creative Cloud subscription package have been 64 bit only with no 32 bit versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite correct - a slip-up on my part caused very much in part by Adobe's ridiculous naming conventions. What I should have said was that CS6 was only 32-bit; everything from there onwards (CC) has only been 64-bit. And that applies to both Mac and PC versions. Sorry for any confusion!

In other words, there have been no versions of Audition that have had both options available. I keep CS6 on the DAW simply to run 32-bit plugins when I need to; it's easier than running bridging software (and cheaper...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Audition CS6 and have several plugins which used to work. Then suddenly they all stopped appearing in the menu. When I go to try add them they are all grayed out so I can't. I don't know if they are 32 or 64 bit, but they used to work. So I'm assuming they are 32. I have ignored this for a while, but I really need some of those plugins now. Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't have to ask: They are AU, VST, & VST3 plugins. All the Adobe effects work. Adding one of the plugins may have triggered this problem. I'm running Audion CS6 on Mac OS10.11.6 on a 2008 Aluminum MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced something similar to this, running CS6 but on Windows so this possible solution may not work!

However, you need to "force" AA to rescan all your plugins.  First, check that the "plug in folder" list in Audio Plug In Manager is correct and complete.  Then, in the same screen choose "Scan for plug ins" with the "Rescan existing plug ins" checked.  This may now find and reload all your existing plugs.  In my case, it found some, but not all.  So I reselected "Scan for plug ins" but with "Rescan existing plug ins" NOT checked.

I think I needed to repeat this process at least once more and eventually AA "found" all my plugs and loaded those it could use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I remember this now also. When I run the [Scan for Plug-ins] it crashes and says: dvaaudiofilterscan quit unexpectedly. I just tried it and that's what it did. Then I clicked reopen and it looked like it was working but froze up Audition when it was done. Actually what happened was that the program that searches for plugins, dvaaudiofilterscan froze. Once I force quit that. Audition started working -AND all the plugins are there now! So thanks very much! What you said basically worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this same problem Feb of 2017. I have a 64bit windows 10, Audition is installed in "program files" not "program files-x86" so i assumed it was a 32bit version of AA therefore i was trying to install 32bit VST's. When i saved the 64 bit versions of the VST's into a folder, and then used the Audio plug in manager to "add" the folder i created, followed by a "scan for plugins" it found them. I clicked "Enable all" and "ok".  they showed up in the drop down effects menu under VST or VST3 depending on the type they were.

bottom line was i had to download the 64 bit versions of the plug ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briancayko wrote:

I ran into this same problem Feb of 2017. I have a 64bit windows 10, Audition is installed in "program files" not "program files-x86" so i assumed it was a 32bit version of AA therefore i was trying to install 32bit VST's. When i saved the 64 bit versions of the VST's into a folder, and then used the Audio plug in manager to "add" the folder i created, followed by a "scan for plugins" it found them. I clicked "Enable all" and "ok". they showed up in the drop down effects menu under VST or VST3 depending on the type they were.

bottom line was i had to download the 64 bit versions of the plug ins.

Since, in your own words, "Audition is installed in "program files" not "program files -x86"" why did you assume it was a 32 bit program?  That "program files" directory is where 64 bit programs are installed, by default.

But yes, the problem is that a 64 bit version needs 64 bit VSTs, though jbridge can enable use of 32 bit versions in a 64 bit environment.

However, the OP to this thread was running AA CS6, which is 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody.  Thought I'd jump in here.

Depending on your DAW you may need a specific type of VST.  Adobe relies heavily on basic C and Javax api's, along with some quicktime and windows directx commands that allow for heavier effects.  Some VST's are for building instrument styled sounds, others are actual effects.  DAW's have a similar separation when it comes to supporting VST.  Some VST's were designed only to handle specific midi information, while others were designed to handle audio signal input.  Some plugins have multiple versions; they might use the same codebase and work the same way, but be for two different application sets, accepting two different kinds of input.  Recent VST3's are closing the gap but still lagging behind in the cross-application department.

To get your vst's to run no matter what app you're in, I suggest you download VSTHost, and the slave adaptor plugin, then read up on how to run the host as a slave app.  You put the slave adaptor in your VST plugins for your DAW, and then open the slave VSTHost, load the plugins and connect input and output; you can automate the plugin in your DAW afterward.

It can turn 32bit plugs into 64bit functionals, and turn 64bit plugs into 32bit functionals.  The audio pathway will have some conversion in the roundtrip, but only if you're converting with a 32bit plug and have a 32bit sample, as most 32bit plugs are 24bit and lower (though some do full 32bit float).

I have personally run Audition CC with this method, and used an audio-playback plug that isn't readable by Audition; it doesn't take input from your app, but instead allows you to set up backing tracks or FOLEY sound for recording into a session at an appointed time.  I ran the plug on a record enabled track, using a Presonus 1602 classic firewire hooked to thunderbolt3 over an adapter, and it even sends the audio back out over the same channel I set.  It functions normally.  Now I don't need rewire or more gear to have a track with playback functionality.

I tried a few more plugs, they work as well.  I can even set up chains of them to run as a single plug in audition, all with the same slave VSThost.  I can load multiple of them with multiple slaves, or differentiate by input\output numbers.  Either way, I can load multiple instances of the slave program and build complex VST chains, then route them all back to adobe audition, turning it into a powerful DAW.  However, I do need two screens to work efficiently, and it takes a lot of RAM to run all that together...

Here's the link to the main homepage:

VSTHost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a similar problem wtih my VST after upgrading to 2022. In the Audio Plug-in Manager, RX is showing as AU type. It's probably a small fix. Can someone help? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love you guys so much, thank you for saving me possible hours of searching ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines