• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: general import failure

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i am exporting my premir pro file to Adobe audition, i get this message and it doesn't load the file. Can someone look to solve this situation as my whole project is on hold.

Furthermore I have the newest update of both Premier Pro and Adobe Audition.

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what are you trying to export? Audition can't open a Premiere Pro session - it can only import audio files from an open session and work on these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option built-in premier pro (export to adobe audition)where you can further work on your sound in Audition. Offcourse the file has video and audio including. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been recently running into this, too.  It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does there doesn't seem to be a fix.  The audio plays fine in Premiere Pro or any video viewer.  When I right click on the clip in PP and then select "Edit in Adobe Audition", Audition opens as normal and then displays the error.

I'm on these versions:

• Premiere Pro 14.5.0 (Build 51)
  • Audition 13.0.11.38Adobe Audition General import failure.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had posted this, but now don't see it.  I found that if I take the video into HandBrake and resave (which does some sort of reconversion) that whatever was causing Audition to fuss was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem at the moment.... has this been fixed somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problam / adobe can you help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I was able to work around it by opening Audition, then using ctrl+i to import the premiere project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this just saved my sanity THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, great work around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Como lo solucionaste? Tengo el mismo problema. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue while trying to edit a sound from Premier Pro in Adobe Audition... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I was trying to edit my tutorials and I had the same issue. Here is how I solved it.

1) mark an in and out point on the audio that is failing to be imported

2) Sequence > Render in to out

3) Export media ( select audio only, format should be waveform)

4) Directly import the audio from hard drive to audition

5) Do your editing on the audio

6) Export the audio as waveform

7) Import audio back into premier 

8) drag audio directly below the unedited version in premier

9) select both audio and synchronize

10) Delete the unedited audio

11) Drag the new audio up to replace the deleted unedited audio

If anyone found a better solution, please share.

Thank you

Kudzai Matukeni. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem start happening.  I think it may be related to logging in to Creative Cloud.  Log completely out of CC then log back in.  That has fixed it for me.

If that does not work here is how to get around it in the least amount of steps (that I have found anyway).

1. Right-click the audio clip on the Premiere timeline and select "Edit in Audition" from the pop-up menu.

2. Audition will open and throw an error when opening.  It did, however, make the extracted audio file copy for editing just did not open.

3. Go back to Premiere, right-click on the audio in the timeline and select "Reveal in Explorer" (or Finder Mac).

4. The file will be shown in the file dialogue box, drag it into the already open Audition to edit. Do your edits.

5. Save and it will auto-update in Premiere.  Leave Audition open in case you need to adjust.

Hope this helps a few people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me, too. Annoying that it happens in the first place. Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not here they aren't, no - this is a U2U forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. I thought maybe they'd troll it from time to time... :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if very heavily persuaded - and they don't like it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing in and out of the Creative Cloud workd for me! Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It went away for a while but is back in the last week or so.  Perhaps the latest update reintroduced whatever was causing this?

My fix has been to drag and drop the -extracted file (created when I tell Premiere Pro to edit in Audition) directly into Audition.  Similar to the CTRL+I suggestion also mentioned in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this bug is still there. Yes you can work around it but having to export and then import kind of defeats the purpose of being able to do it directly. Adobe, please either fix or remove the option from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this sucks, i had it working flawlessly until this issue came up, i do a lot of video editing and audio editing is part of the process. idk why it starts acting up out of no where

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. Before everything worked but then something happened and I started to get this "Error: General import failure." After long search I found from Preferences: 

pexiS_0-1706805411035.png

And after selecting this "Scratch disk location..." option everything started to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines