Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expert needed for preset creation

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Out of my area of expertise, so I am looking for an expert to help me create an effect preset for reasonable fee, which I will be able to apply to all my voice recordings. What I am looking for is following preset:

- Clean up noise and hisses

- Create smooth vocal

If you are up to the task please contact me via pm and I will provide you with short wav file on which the effect preset can be built on.

Regards

H

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's basically what the Essential Sound panel feature of the recent editions of Audition is for. You use it in the Multitrack window and tell it what type of track your audio is and it presents you with some quick and easy presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately that approach doesn't provide me with satisfactory results...

Cheers

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katmai77  wrote

Out of my area of expertise, so I am looking for an expert to help me create an effect preset for reasonable fee, which I will be able to apply to all my voice recordings. What I am looking for is following preset:

- Clean up noise and hisses

- Create smooth vocal

The first requirement you have makes a preset impossible - NR can't be built into one, as such. I suspect, as with most of the requests we get like this, that your problems could be reduced significantly by some modifications to the way you record. Perhaps if you'd like to provide some more details, we can give you a little assistance in that direction? No, we won't charge...

It's almost certainly worth it, as voice recordings always sound best with the minimum amount of alteration, so ideally that's what you should be shooting for, and that invariably means getting the acoustic situation right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on what Steve said, the reason you can't have a preset for the best quality Noise Reduction is that it's a process only available in the Waveform View, not Multitrack--and to do it properly requires manual intervention to select periods of silence for your Noise Print for the system to use.

If your needs are slight, it MAY be worth trying the Adaptive Noise Reduction under the Effects/Noise Reduction-Restoration menu.  However, even for this it wouldn't be possible to give a preset--you need to set it up to match the noise/hiss on your recordings and they're all different.

Similar applies to your "Create a Smooth Vocal" request.  Again the effects need to be adjusted to be right for your original recordings.  For voice, I'd probably suggest that you might want to try some of the generic presets under the Effects/Amplitude and Compress/Single band Compressor menu.  There are two or three there designed for voice work (though even these are best with exact tweaking to match your material).  As with most compression, it's generally best to Normalise your files first.

Finally, a big plus one to Steve's suggestion that the best way to fix your noise problems is at the recording stage.  A bit of work to remove noise and hiss before you record pays lots of benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Howes  wrote

If your needs are slight, it MAY be worth trying the Adaptive Noise Reduction under the Effects/Noise Reduction-Restoration menu.  However, even for this it wouldn't be possible to give a preset--you need to set it up to match the noise/hiss on your recordings and they're all different.

I wondered about that, but in my experience of it, adaptive NR artifacts are rather more noticeable on an 'exposed' source such as the human voice than they are on more general sources - like film sets where you don't really care so much about the absolute quality. In this sort of situation it's fine to use, just to get enough clarity to make re-tracking easier, but if I wanted to keep the result and use it in the final production, I'd try almost anything else before using Adaptive NR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, must admit I'm not a fan of Adaptive NR either--tried it a couple of times then went back to the NR Process.

However, I know there are lots who use the adaptive version so it's probably worth the OP trying it at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines