• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting Audition markers as XML files?

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  This is probably a pretty unusual question, but I was wondering if there's a way to export cue marker time positions out of Audition as an XML instead of a CSV file?   I realize there are online tools that will convert from csv to xml, but I'm wondering if an XML export is possible straight out of Audition.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware (and I have checked...) there's no way to export markers other than as CSV files, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for a specific XML format?  I don't think it would be terribly difficult to write a custom extension to do this.  What is the destination or intention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My goal is to easily parse through and extract individual marker timing in applications such as Animate and then use that data for automatically timed animations.  I can bring in CSV files as well, but they're not as easy to work with as XML files are.

Ideally, it'd be great to structure an xml file in the following manner:

<marker>

<time>00:00:00:00</time>

</marker>

<marker>

<time>00:00:10:14</time>

</marker>

etc...

that way I can easily parse through and create arrays that will hold all necessary things for me to easily trigger animations at proper times so they're synced with audio without any additional manual work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines