• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAST FORWARD as a KEYBOARD SHORTCUT

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to bind a key to fast forward. moving the mouse down to the double arrows on the transport controls window is slowing me down.

in the keyboard shortcut window "fast forward" is not an option as an action to bind to a key. 

how in the world is this possible? scrubbing in multitrack is such a basic feature, i can't bind a key to it? does audition have a sort of "MIDI learn" feature where I click FF and then click a key to bind it?

thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the J,K and L keys? By default they'll double the speed in either direction. The only annoying thing is that they will also alter the pitch. But I don't scrub that way anyway - I just grab the cursor head and move it (you get a little hand to show you've got it, but once you've grabbed that the cursor is yours) - that's much more flexible, and doesn't involve fiddling around with buttons on the transport. But most people get on fine with dragging the cursor to do this, because scrubbing this way retains some semblence of the original pitch.

Oh, and Audition doesn't have a MIDI anything - fundamentally because it's an audio editor, not a music composition tool. There have been many, many arguments about this, but it's unlikely that anything will change about the situation.  And whilst there's a means of learning basic actions to do with applying effects, etc this doesn't include anything to do with file handling or transport controls, I'm afraid. There is actually a MIDI command set that will run the transport, but you need a remote controller to use it via USB. If you look around, you'll still find Red Rovers available, and they'll give you a nice large set of five transport buttons, including FF and FR. You can't reprogram it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines