• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

green line with squares??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I was already on chat for an hour and they were taking forever, plus the guy left in the middle of his shift and promised to pass me off to somebody else but didn't so here is what's going on.

Occasionally, I get a green line. The same color as a waveform. It's green with these little green boxes going thru it, and it's all sort of vibrating a little bit. I have to hit stop record delete and then hit record again and usually it works. My other problem being Audition continues to go into a not responding mode and has to be ctrl-atl- deleted and started in order for it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrPinaglore  wrote

Occasionally, I get a green line. The same color as a waveform. It's green with these little green boxes going thru it, and it's all sort of vibrating a little bit. I have to hit stop record delete and then hit record again and usually it works. My other problem being Audition continues to go into a not responding mode and has to be ctrl-atl- deleted and started in order for it to work.

I have no clear idea about your 'green line with boxes' - only a thought. Is it possible to do a screen grab of it? The only thing I can think of that gets even close to this is that it's the sort of effect you'd get if you zoomed right in during recording, and could see the sample boxes jumping about. Why that would suddenly happen, I don't know.

As far as Audition hanging - well that's generally not Audition at all, but something in your OS stealing all the resources temporarily. All sorts of things have been implicated in the past, including Wifi polling, Anti-virus software, you name it. It doesn't appear to be anything Audition does natively though.

One thing you might want to try in regard to this behaviour is changing the state of hardware acceleration. If it's on, switch it off, and vice versa - this can make a material difference to the way some systems behave.

Hardware acceleration.JPG

I've assumed, incidentally, that this is happening on a PC not a Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for the reply, Steve. But of course...the program is running just fine now. The green lines/little boxes thing used to happen maybe every five or so recordings. Now it won't happen so I can't get you a screen grab. I'd delete the buggy recording and it would normally just work fine. Now I can't get it to do it at all and I'm also no longer crashing. I have no idea what I did. The only change I made was with the online chat guy before I posted it in the forum. He had me go into preferences and select no input, then switch back to my mic and now it has been acting a lot better. And now I don't have to close out the program to start a new file because before that, I'd hit the record button after opening a new file and it would say something like" no Hardware recognized". I'd have to close the whole thing out and then restart it in order for the mic to work. Now I just do no input, then mic select, Etc. Thank you for your time but...stay tuned I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That operation the Helpdesk guy got you to do showed that some other software had stolen the audio device away from Audition. by doing what he said you reconnected your audio device to Audition so it would work again. This sort of thing happens if you still have Windows Sounds turned on so that Windows can grab the soundcard if something like an email arrives and Windows tries to play a sound to notify you. Also in Windows Sound device properties go to Advanced and select the tick boxes for 'Allow application to take exclusive control of this device' and 'Give exclusive mode applications priority'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrPinaglore  wrote

My other problem being Audition continues to go into a not responding mode and has to be ctrl-atl- deleted and started in order for it to work.

That counts as a crash. So follow the FAQ Audition Crashed. Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines