• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! No way of exporting how I want it.

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

So...I've got an issue.

I want to pan some of my audio left/right, but the "pan" knob is missing. I looked up how to fix that and managed to fix it by setting the output to 'Stereo'. Unfortunately if I want to keep it panned to the left/right AND THEN export it with a mixdown of the session - it's not possible! Why? Because then I have to select the outputs for all tracks as "Master" which instantly gets rid of the panning option. Is there a way to fix this so that I could mixdown the WHOLE session WITH the panning settings that I wish to maintain?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds as if you have set up your Audition session as a mono one which will only give you a mono Master output. If you need to pan tracks then you need to start with a stereo session which will have a stereo Master output which can contain your panned tracks. Any Mixdown of tracks will always be to the format of the Master output. So the session needs to be set up correctly to start with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way of changing this now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. It would be better to start over with a new stereo session I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've used a lot of effects and level changes, rather than doing them all completely over again, there's a cheat you could perhaps use.

Use the option of Mixdown selected tracks to first mix any/all panned left.  The change the selected tracks to the right hand side and mix those.

Finally, create a new session (with a stereo master this time) and do one last mixdown, this time combining the left and right tracks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There MAY be another trick you can use to convert accidental mono sessions to stereo so that a mix down will give the results you want.  While you can't yet convert the Master track channelization within Audition itself, the session file is a very human-readable XML file.  If you pull it into TextEdit or Notepad, you'll see something like this line near the top of the file:

<session appBuild="10.0.1.8" appVersion="10.0" audioChannelType="mono" bitDepth="32" duration="1660292" sampleRate="44100">

If you change "mono" to "stereo" and save (a copy, of course.  Don't manually edit your original!) you'll likely have a stereo session and can set your track outputs back to Master.

<session appBuild="10.0.1.8" appVersion="10.0" audioChannelType="stereo" bitDepth="32" duration="1660292" sampleRate="44100">

Now, when doesn't this work?  Certain effect plugins or automation may be configured for mono when instantiated and not respond as expected when feeding a stereo output.  Since your tracks sound like they're stereo, I doubt this will be a problem, so you'll probably be just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem a few times myself and I just received the answer from one the technical support members from Adobe. If your pan knob is missing, while Adobe Audition is closed, Hold Opt + Shift on the keyboard and then click on the application. After, release the keys on keyboard when you see the splash screen. This will reset the application.

This is verbatim of technical support.

I would add in that you should save your current file that you have recorded BEFORE resetting the application to make sure you don't lose any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sterlos82746851  wrote

I've had this problem a few times myself and I just received the answer from one the technical support members from Adobe. If your pan knob is missing, while Adobe Audition is closed, Hold Opt + Shift on the keyboard and then click on the application. After, release the keys on keyboard when you see the splash screen. This will reset the application. 

This settings reset only works on Macs - what you have to do on a PC is hold the shift key down whilst starting. But more importantly, it won't fix the problem mentioned in this thread at all - not even vaguely. That's because a set of vanilla defaults doesn't alter anything about existing session files, and that's the problem here, not Audition itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines