• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help With audio

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an audio recording I have been trying to clean up for weeks with no luck. I want to hear the conversation on the recording but it is whispering and there is background noise. It is really important to me and would welcome any suggesions.

Also Do people provide a service with this type of issue and is it expensive?

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you very much

TOPICS
How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We could only tell you whether this was even remotely possible if you provided a sample of it. Quite frankly, it sounds unlikely. The degree of importance you attach to the results unfortunately makes no difference to how successful this would be, and 'whispered conversation buried in noise' is the most common impossible task we get asked about, I'm afraid - so don't get your hopes up.

Most of these requests come about as a result of people watching CSI and actually believing that some of the so-called 'audio processsing' they faked was actually possible... Guess what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thak you very much for your advice... it means so much....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file:///Volumes/My%20Passport/AAAAConversation%20audiio.wav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most I can get out of that is here:

Slightly improved version 

I reduced the dynamic range down a lot to get rid of the peaks, and used NR on the background in three passes, but none of that reveals the whispering at the start, even after EQ'ing it. It's clearer towards the end though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you very much for your help.  That's really awesome the your willing to help others.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for yet another question but I want to try and write down most of what's said in the first few minutes and was wondering what type of headset or headphones I should get to improve my chances or  hearing what's said? Or if I should go to a music store and see about rentals? 
thabk you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines