How do I record a 81 BPM click track?

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find out how to record a 81 BPM click track.

Thanks.

Dar

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a new session, and change the Time Display to Bars and Beats (right-click on the timeline). Now go to Multitrack>Metronone>Enable Metronome and set the tempo to 81.0. You will now have a click track running at 81 bpm. Should look like this:

Set metronome.JPG

That will give you a click track that plays when you hit record on another track, but of course it won't turn up in the multitrack mixdown or export, as such. If you want it available outside of Audition, then you'd have to route it to an available output on a sound device, plug that output back into the input and record it like that. Most people don't need to do that, but with the recent trend towards people remote-syncing musical performances I can see a few legitimate reasons for why you might want it available separately.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you want it available outside of Audition, then you'd have to route it to an available output on a sound device, plug that output back into the input and record it like that"

This is one of the uses of the "loopback" function of some sound devices - RME for instance. The routed audio never has to leave the computer, it's sent straight to another track.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys,

Yes I came to the same conclusion about recording the "click track"externally and adding it to Audition projects.

I'm doing remote recordings with others around the country and the "click track" intro is an easy and precise way to keep things in sync for mixing later.

I alway appreciate the expert advice on the forum. Thanks

Dar

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines