• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you lock tracks in Audition?

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embarrassingly, I can't seem to find out how to "Lock" audio tracks in a Multitrack session to prevent accidental adjustments. Any advice or suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't 'lock' a track as such. The multitrack environment is constrained by what's in the session file for it, and the whole essence of working in this view is that it's easy to alter things. It's perfectly possible to pre-render the effects for a track (the lightning bolt at the top of the FX rack), and on many occasions that's a good thing to do - but it is inherently alterable, simply by changing a parameter. It's also possible to lock clips in place on a track - highlight the clip, right-click and select 'lock in time'.

If you assume that the audio files are still going to be available, then probably the best way of going about being able to prevent chenges to anything in it is to save the version you want to 'lock' as a separate session file (Save As). At least that way you'll have a fixed point to go back to - although you lose anything done beyond that point. The other thing that you can do that makes it easier not to make mistakes and alter a track you don't want to, is to grab the bottom of the control area and drag it towards the top, effectively shrinking the screen height of the track.

But inherently, multitrack sessions are vulnerable, if you want to look at it like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for such a detailed explanation - I appreciate it as I was pulling my hair out trying to find that function. I have used the "Save As" option in the past. 

Is "Track Lock" option something that Adobe would consider in the future?

I primarily work with Premeir Pro so I am spoiled by the "Track Lock" functionality.

Thanks again and stay safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only generally considers requests from its largest (think millions of seats) customers, so if you can persuade one of those to want it...

TBH, I've never had a situation which has resulted in me regretting not having the ability to lock an entire track. Possibly because I'm fully aware that you can't do it, and therefore taking other precautions appropriately. I have, on the other hand, locked tracks in Premiere and then forgotten about it. On one occasion this has had consequences! So in that sense, I suppose that it would make sense for a degree of compatibility between the apps. But for me, that would involve removing the locking facility in Premiere... 😉  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the opposite in Premiere, the ability not to track lock but lock in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed - have it the same as Audition - makes more sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines