Exit

How to get rid of high tone cricket-like noise

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

My gear:
Sony A7III, Rode Link, Rode Shotgun Mic Pro, Beachtech Adapter, Macbook Pro with latest OS

I am a video beginner. I did my first video project and I was pretty happy with the result but some of the audio clips sound too small and also has white noise. So I removed the white noise by noise reduction in Audition, made it sound closer by EQ level, and volumed up a bit. I think the voice itself sounds pretty good now but the audio file has this high tone noise, which kind of sounds like glass pieces hitting each other throughout the clip and also noise sounds kind of like a cricket in between the person talking, where it is supposed to be silent. I think this is because the white noise is removed and that high tone noise became more clear. 

Somehow regular noise reduction doesn't remove the high tone noise. It reduces it a bit but doesn't remove it. Even if I select the specific cricket-like sound area and take the Noise Print and apply the noise reduction, the cricket-like sound doesn't compeltely go away. 

The file I'm attaching here is the sound after I applied noise reduction. 

It would be great if anyone can help! 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?