• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to use these vst presets?

Participant ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed McDSP and Plugin Alliance VST plugins in to adobe audition 2019.

But the adobe auditions vst presets are empty - and there is no file browsing system in these vst plugins, they rely on DAW when it comes to selecting or saving the preset file.

I see the plugin preset files in my PC here:

C:\Users\Omistaja\Documents\VST3 Presets

Only these 2 folders "McDSP" and "Plugin Alliance" and they are full of .vstpreset files in current subfolders.  But I cannot see or use any of these in audition!

I tried to find the correct folder by making an own preset and saving it. See here: 

my-test.jpg

But when I searched this file "pekka-testa-ssl" I did not find anything, so it might be stored in some xml.. Huh! https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/where-are-the-vst-presets-saved/td-p/11006900?page=1

How can use these presets? Please help.. 

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having now scoured the manual for the SSL 9000 series plugin, I think I can see how it works, and it probably isn't the way you think. What you think of as 'presets' appear to be for various options within the mixer itself, and whatever you set up on the mixer uses those as part of the settings. But the actual preset is stored in an .xml file located exactly where I indicated above. You won't be able to search for it as an individual preset, as it's embedded in .xml code.

So my understanding is that you actually 'use' those presets every time you alter the effect. What you store as a preset references them. IOW, there's nothing to find.

Having said all of that, I have to say that the manual isn't exactly 100% clear about this, but that's not an unreasonable scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines