• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I merged two audio clips - now I need to find the orginal audio!

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I merged two audio clips in cc 2020 in mulktitrack view. Now the we need the audio that was not used, so we need the orginal audio of the first clip. Where is it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

If you had "clip1.wav" and "clip 2,wav" and you selected the two clips and then merged them, as I recall, Audition creates a new clip with the audio called "clip 1 merged.wav". The audio "clip 1.wav" and "clip 2.wav" are still wherever they were originally. If you recorded the audio it is probably in the _recorded sub folder. Either way, Audition hasn't deleted the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should still be there as multitrack view is generally non-distructive.

If you 'cut' two pieces of audio and 'delete' part of it you should still be able to 'drag' out the rest of the audio by grabbing the end of the clip and dragging.

If you are still having difficulty feel free to send me your session and I will check it out for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I know this, but this time I used the merge command, see the image please:

merge.jpg

So after the merge command there is no drag option anymore for the left out ( dragged hidden ) audio of the first clip. So is it possible to find the orginal audio from somewhere? Maybe it is hiding at some adobes folder?

Pekka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had "clip1.wav" and "clip 2,wav" and you selected the two clips and then merged them, as I recall, Audition creates a new clip with the audio called "clip 1 merged.wav". The audio "clip 1.wav" and "clip 2.wav" are still wherever they were originally. If you recorded the audio it is probably in the _recorded sub folder. Either way, Audition hasn't deleted the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, good to know I study this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found them! They are in "Merged Files" folder that audition has created. 

And the orginal audios are as they are! Great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines