• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imagine this ....

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine you start up your favourite Adobe application, and find that with the latest updates there are some changes in the default behaviour of some features that ruin your work, so you want to set them back to how they were.      And also imagine that amongst these changes all the user interface fonts are now low contrast,   - like grey on  a grey background and in 4pt font..   So you can't read them.    You also cant find how to change the default settings back to how they were.   Now every time you do anything with this application you have to blindly click away at things until you find one that sets your work back to how you need it. 

So you write to Adobe asking if there's a way you can get to the defaults for the user interface.   You are ignored by Adobe, and out of the THOUSANDS of people using Adobe products only a single user offers a helping hand.   Not help, because there isnt any   But at least it's a friendly voice.   Basically saying "welcome to the life you have to live from now on."

That's my life now.  

MY eyesight has changed and I need to increase the contrast and size of fonts in Adobe applications, but unlike almost every other windows application there is no way to change sizes or colours or contrast in the user interface.      I've written here on the community forum because that's how I was told to ask for a feature.     But no one seems interested.   I guess I'm being unreasonable by wanting to be able to adjust the UI features of Audition and Dreamweaver and Photoshop and Illustrator  to suit my needs 

I get very nervous every time there's an update, because Murphy's law applies to me.   Every time there's an update,   SOMETHING moves. and I have a terrible time finding it at again.     No longer is the feature i'm looking for the second menu from the left,  4th item down the dropdown.  I have to hunt around randomly until I find it again.   If only i could increase the size of the font in the menu and make it white characters on a black background instead of the pretty grey on grey.    I'd rather have the UI useful than pretty to be brutally honest. 

Can anyone offer me any suggestions how to improve my nightmare existence with Adobe?

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia 

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mkear wrote:

So you write to Adobe asking if there's a way you can get to the defaults for the user interface. ... Can anyone offer me any suggestions how to improve my nightmare existence with Adobe?

Mike, you didn't say how you wrote to Adobe, but the best way for Audition is to post to User Voice where the developers will see it, then post the link back here as well.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition

My eyesight has changed

I'm on a Mac, so I mostly know about the Accessibility features in macOS. Someone else might be able to help you with the accessibility features in Windows OS. I do use Windows sometimes when I'm teaching and have found the Magnifier to be helpful.

janee_0-1645708895149.png

The shortcut to open the Magnifier is Window key with the plus sign (+). The Zoom amount can be customized. Details here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-magnifier-to-make-things-on-the-screen-easier-to-see...

I hope this helps,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane!!! What a godsend!!  Thank you.    I had no idea there was such a feature.    I've been wrestling with changes to my eyesight (I simultaneously lost one eye,  have a cataract in the other getting worse, and macular degeneration developing as well.  Its a lot to adapt to all at once.   Sadly my bills havent vanished  - I still  need to work 

Now i need to learn about how I manage this magnifier and get it doing things how I need it to, but for a start I can speed up my work by being able to see what the text says.

Virtual hugs to you for being such an angel to me.    

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia 

ColdFusion Web Developer since 1996

Radio Broadcaster since 1997.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines