• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing favorites in Adobe Audition (Update, change of OS...).

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Whenever I update Adobe Audition, I lose all my favorites. I restore sound files and I record a sequence of processes, equalization and other.

In the new version, I have no favorite, so I have to start every time to record all my automatic processes.

Is there a way to save these favorites? The ideal would also be able to use both MAC and PC because I have to update everything every time And on Mac and PC and on all computers.

So, I am always three or more versions late.

In Photoshop, automations are automatically retrieved. Why is this not the case in Audition?

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

When you update to a new version of Audition you should be able to import your previous settings from File/Import/Application Settings if Audition doesn't ask you to update them automatically. You also can always save a backup of your settings by copying the Audition settings folder which is at C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\xx.0 in Windows, where xx.0 is the version number of your installed copy of Audition. It is in a similar place on a Mac somewhere under Library.

You can a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update to a new version of Audition you should be able to import your previous settings from File/Import/Application Settings if Audition doesn't ask you to update them automatically. You also can always save a backup of your settings by copying the Audition settings folder which is at C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\xx.0 in Windows, where xx.0 is the version number of your installed copy of Audition. It is in a similar place on a Mac somewhere under Library.

You can also find the folder by going to the Help menu in Audition and clicking on Reveal Log Files and going up a folder level or two from where that takes you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryclark

I can restore the settings (desks and so on), but not the automation

For example

1 have recorded a process : 1) Adjust level / 2) Apply an equalization / 3) Apply a compression  and so on.
After an update, I need to record all the process, retrieving the adjustments from copy screen.
The same if I want to have the same adjustments on Windows (I'm mostly on MAC).
With Photoshop, all the process are restored in the update. Why not in Audition...
Thanks Ryclark
All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends which mode you do your editing in Audition. If you edit audio in the Waveform view all editing is destructive and only the final result is saved into your audio file. It can't be undone once saved and you can't go back over the steps that you took to get to the final file. Whereas the Multitrack view is non destructive and all your actions are stored in the .sesx file. Therefore you can go back and alter settings, levels etc. the next time you open the session.

If doing a lot of editing work on an audio file in Waveform view I always work only on a copy of the original file. I save a new file at every stage suitably named so that I can go back. Also I save my effects settings as custom presets and/or favorites so that I can accurately repeat them in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Ryclark

I successfully transmit favorites from MAC Audition 9 to Windows Audition 11 by copying the settings of 9 MAC (in library) to 11 Windows in Windows Users.

I'm updating MAC from 9 to 11 of Audition CC in confidence. I hope it works from Mac to Mac, too.

Thanks

PS : Why is it automatic for Photoshop and not for Audition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update OK on MAC, too. The favorites are present, but not the workspace. I Copy all the data of Audition 9 in Audition 11 and everything seems OK, including the Workspaces...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark,

I'm trying to move my settings, presets, workspace preference to a new computer. I just upgraded from a Win7 maching to Win10. The version of AA on the old machine was 11.1.1.3. The new version of AA that I installed is 13.0.0.519. I'll need to copy something to a jump drive and move it to the new computer. Which files or folders do I move? I tried following the file path you indicated and came to a folder with file folder names 11.0. Inside were a bunch of file, but when I copied them into the new version of AA, nothing changed. The presets and favorties, etc. did not appear. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a repeat; I don't know why Adobe doesn't document this process.

There really needs to be a complete set of directions for doing this for Favorites, Keyboard Shortcuts, Application Settings, etc.., for both Mac and PCs, incuding any variations due to version changes,

Doaes anyone know if there is a complete online document that is up-to-date??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines