• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing on Mojave ?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly a disclaimer... I'm not really a Mac user but I've a Mac here that I usually dual-boot into Windows. Somebody's asked me to test an audio issue on Mac so I needed to install a free audio app and came across Adobe Audition - BUT...

When I downloaded the installer it told me that it'll only work from MacOS 10.15 onwards (which is Catalina, I think) and I'm running 10.14 here, which is Mojave.

So is it still possible to find an Audition installer that'll work in Mojave.?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave is 32-bit, and there is now no 32-bit downlooad of Audition available, I'm afraid. All support for 32-bit OS's and apps has ceased - quite a while ago now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Steve. My understanding was that Mojave was the last OS to support both 64-bit and 32-bit. Is that a misunderstanding on my part?

If I look under About this Mac->Software->Extensions I can see that the architecture is described as x86_64 and the 64-Bit entry is set to Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's true that Mojave will support some 64-bit apps, but it certainly won't support Audition - as the message demonstrates, and the help desk will confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I understand now... thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's occurred to me overnight that I could install on Windows if there's any free or time limited version I could try..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Windows trial but IIRC the time period it runs for is now quite short on it. Look here. And I think it runs from the CC app, so the trial will install that first. (This is from what others have said - I haven't tried installing a trial version myself...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve. I assume that the CC trial version will invoke automatic charging at the end of the trial? And if so, I'm keen to avoid it... I've had too many problems in the past with automatic charging.

I wonder why Adobe offers a free version for Mac users but not for Windows? johne1953_0-1654424594948.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines