• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make an acepella version of a song if I have a karaoke and normal version?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a karaoke version of a song and a normal version. The karaoke version has no lyrics. I was wondering if there was a way for Audition to detect what frequencies or something that isn't in the karaoke version and just keep that? 

TOPICS
How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that the chances of being able to do this are not good. In fact they are awful. In theory if you have two versions of a track, one with a vocal and one without, then you can subtract one from the other, and be left with the vocal. But there are some rather stringent conditions that this trick has to meet in order to work. The first is that the music has to be absolutely identical - IOW the same track (this is pretty rare with karaoke tracks), it has to be the same amplitude - exactly - and lined up to be sample-accurate. Without all of this happening it will fail - miserably.

The only system that works more or less the way you are suggesting doesn't actually work that way either (yeah, I know that sounds weird, but I'll explain...) Audition has a center channel extractor - which does look at frequency content, but only in the center of a stereo signal. You can use this to boost or attenuate a vocal, but if you use it to extract the vocal completely, you'll find that inevitably, some of the backing will be there with it - because it's in the same place in the stereo field, and also because it has the same frequency content as the singing, so you're a bit stuffed. Even really clever and expensive software like Melodyne can't do this perfectly either, despite being better at the whole extraction process than anything else on the market.

So I'm afraid no - you won't be able to do it to a useable standard - at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines