• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IZotope RX Plug-in worth it for Audition CC users?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Audition for sound design and audio editing. I really love Audition spectral editor, and the audio repair built-in effects are 'ok'.

I wonder if the IZotope RX Plugin suite is worth it (current price is 50$)? How is it different from Audition's own repair effects? Is it too basic? I usually repair audio recordings myself (with frequency, amplitude and spectral changes) without any special tools, but it takes a LOT of time.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

You get a lot more control with the advanced versions. Whether this is of value to you rather depends upon what you want to use RX for. If you need to do precision repairs to audio, there are a lot of other parts to it that you may find useful, but for basic cleanups the cheap version may be fine.

The one thing I'd warn you of though is that once you've experienced what the advanced version can do, you won't want to go back!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My opinion (as someone who owns and uses the full RX Advanced), Yes!  In my experience, RX can accomplish everything that Audition's repair tools can do (and more) but much more rapidly and with potentially considerably less user intervention.  I'm not suggesting that RX works "automatically" but, for example, one pass of its Noise Reduction can easily achieve what perhaps 3 , 4 or even more passes of AA's own NR would be needed to do, in order to successfully remove the noise.

You ask is RX "basic"; I hope you will get some indication from the previous paragraph that it isn't!

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer! I just want to make sure we're talking about the same product (the 4 plug-ins, not the advanced version)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You get a lot more control with the advanced versions. Whether this is of value to you rather depends upon what you want to use RX for. If you need to do precision repairs to audio, there are a lot of other parts to it that you may find useful, but for basic cleanups the cheap version may be fine.

The one thing I'd warn you of though is that once you've experienced what the advanced version can do, you won't want to go back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines