• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large Temp Files

Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered some large Audion temp while using WinDirStat.  Three files at 3.8Gb and a forth at 250Mb all dated a few days ago on 18th Feb.  I only occasionally use Audition, and on that day it was to convert several .M4B audiobook files to MP3.  As far as I can remember, Audition and computer were shut down normally after that session.

This isn't a problem. I should be getting a newly built computer this week with a 500Gb boot drive (because the Samsung 960PRO doesn't have a 250Gb version) and the system will have 32Tb over 16 drives in total, but I'd like to know if these temp files can be deleted.

I suspect there is an option to relocate Audion cache files the same as with other CC applications, and I plan to knuckle down and complete a Lynda.com series or two on Audition when the new computer is set up.  If I manage to discipline myself into keeping that promise (at the expense of using the Adobe forums in general) then I have no doubt I shall be bothering you guys when I get stuck, so thanks in advance for that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Audition should have cleaned those up as it closed down. So there must have been a hiccough that day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those files should be deleted if Audition is able to quit cleanly and not crash or hang or anything like that.  Primarily, what's in those files is the uncompressed audio data from your compressed M4B and MP3 files. This allows us to playback, seek, and scrub the audio more quickly while you're working. Additionally, if you do several edits or processing the audio in each step in the History panel is stored in those files so you can undo/redo quickly without having to re-process.

If you don't need the files for crash recovery purposes, you may safely delete those files. You may also choose where Audition places those files by going to Edit > Preferences > Media & Disk Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys.  I have now removed all CC apps ready to move to a new computer, and those large temp files are still there, so I'll delete them manually ready to hand this box on to my wife.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines