• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Audio Files with no back up folder

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a podcast and noticed I didn't have the option to save. (but I believe after reading this software automatically saves your work) I turned my computer back on to find the skelton of the project there (all the edits/cuts) but no actual audio. I have not be able to link re link the files as they are nowhereto be found. It crossed my mind, I may have accidentally deleted them, so I installed recovery software but was not able to pull up anything! I have read online that this happens but the tips and file paths suggested have not led me to my missing files. I tested the file path by creating a new project, recording my voice and was able to find those files and re link them. Any idea on other ways to find missing audio files?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only automatic saving (if you set it up as such) is of session files, not audio. Unless you did it deliberately, it's unlikely - but not impossible - that you deleted your audio files. Were these original files you were editing, or copies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines