• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loud Noise Problems

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm a beginner at using Adobe Audition and right now I'm having difficulty with some bird sounds in the background. The chirp is very sharp and loud as the it was in the same room as the person being recorded and it can overlap at times with the voice. How do I get rid of or reduce it so the sound isn't as present?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't tell you for sure without hearing a bit of the file - but in general, getting rid of something that's actually louder than the wanted sound never works that well - the best you could hope for is to mitigate it slightly. I'd guess that nobody monitored this when it was being recorded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! Yes, unfortunately, we couldn't do anything about
the bird so there are many overlaps where the bird is louder than the
speaker. Is there a method you would recommend to mitigate the sound?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said - can't tell you for sure without hearing a sample. But you should at least be able to use the Dynamics Processor's Vocal Limiter preset with a bit of tweaking to reduce the levels where it's louder than the speaker. That said, if it does this at the same time as the speech, then you stand no chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll try that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, one way that night help out is to use the Spectral Frequency Display. 

I have put my descriptions of each step in the pictures so when you click on them it will tell you what to look for and do in each step. 

Hope this help my friend. Good luck. 

Charles 

OScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 7.24.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 7.27.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 7.29.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 7.31.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you didn't read the bit about 'overlaps', then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

I did. He mentioned that it was a " Sharp" sound. Using spectral Frequency you can see the where the sound lands in the frequency range Sharp sounds are usually furthur up on the frequency range or come out as a brighter color spot and he can pinpoint the chirps, etc... and he can also adjust the opacity of the brush head the take off smaller or deeper layers and the thickness of the stroke itself also in order to be a little more accurate and fine tune as he removes the unwanted noise.  

Have a great day, 😊  

Charles 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so you don't really understand the problem with overlaps. If you remove the higher frequencies from a sound that overlaps speech, you will materially affect the speech as well - in a pretty bad way, as a rule. What you are proposing is not a practical solution, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve, 

Im sorry that I chimed in to try and help. I appologize to the person that posted and to you, that I expressed a solution that has helped me and wanted to share.

Good day to both.

default28yk4v4dddnb, please do not attempt to even try or play with the method that I suggested, it will never help you in this situation, please listen to Steve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct - the OP shouldn't do this, as it's nothing more than a time-wasting exercise. The only benefit would be that by doing this, you'd learn first-hand what doesn't work with overlapped sounds. And that's the point here; your example doesn't contain any. If it did, it would fail as a method for the reasons I've said.

You should bear in mind that I've been doing this for a living for a very long time, and I actually know what I'm talking about. One of the things about helping with problems is that in order to do this effectively, then first you have to understand what the problem actually is. And that's the difference between trying to help, and actually helping.

Some people find this rather painful to accept, and tend to resort to sarcasm in print - which also doesn't work very well. That does not detract from the truth of it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines